Chapter Forty - Not My Kind Of Shot

Zacznij od początku

"So, now I'm just supposed to leave my dad's fate in the hands of the man who may have something to do with my mom's murder?" He said, barely above a whisper. His eyes were glossing over as I twisted myself around and sat on his lap, looking him straight in the eye. "I don't think I can do this, Em," he cried.

"Barry, it's not just Wells. I'm here, Caitlin, Cisco and Joe are all doing their best," I said, looking down at our intertwined hands.

"It just doesn't make any sense, I mean if Wells is a murderer. Why does he wanna help me? Why has he helped me stop so many criminals or saved Ronnie? Why didn't I see this?" Barry sobbed.

"Barry, he's practically a psychopath with the amount of manipulation he's gone through to make himself not seem guilty. People who had been working with him for years had no idea. You always try to see the best in people, which I've never been good at. Eve always used to scold me for being sceptical of people's intentions, but I think a little scepticism is healthy. Barry, you have superpowers, don't let Wells take that power from you," I said, breathing out as my empathy powers were heightened from Barry's current level of despair.

"I can't lose my dad, Emily."

"B, you won't, I promise. We're going to do everything we can, okay? God, we, no, I love you so much, Barry," I said as I couldn't bear to see him cry. I couldn't tell him about my mum, not after this. After a few minutes of being in each other's arms, Barry had quietened down, but I needed to get home and get ready since Iris had invited me to some fancy event as an apology for missing our coffee catch up.

"Barry, I need to get home, I'm going out with Iris," I told him as Barry wiped his eyes and shook his head to rid himself of his teary feelings.

"Oh, of course. Do you want a lift? I can drive your car home for you if you want," Barry offered, coughing at first to get rid of the croak in his throat.

"Only if you're quick," I joked, bringing a slight smile to his face.

"Y'know, that joke isn't funny anymore," he muttered, standing up as he put his hands out for me to take as he pulled me up to the same height as him, picking me up a few inches.

Running his fingers through my hair, he converted some of his feelings of pain and loss for his parents to something I couldn't read as I wasn't expecting him to smash his lips into mine as we were whisked out of the labs. Our lips were still locked as I found myself pinned against the wall of my bedroom. I knew he was only using me, using my body, as a distraction from his newfound hatred for Wells and the kidnapping of Henry.

"Barry, I need to get ready," I told him. He groaned in frustration as he backed away from me to allow me to walk over to my wardrobe. He had plonked himself down on my bed, laying on his stomach as he watched me pull out my planned dress.

 He had plonked himself down on my bed, laying on his stomach as he watched me pull out my planned dress

"When did you buy that?" He asked, looking at the navy crisscrossed cocktail dress.

"It came in the mail the other day and I liked it," I shrugged, gesturing for him to turn around whilst I undressed. Slipping the very tight and revealing dress on, I looked at myself in the mirror as I decided I might need a little body tape since I couldn't wear a bra and those weird plastic covers weren't going to give me much support.