♪ No One Is As Lucky As Us ♪ {36}

"No one is as lucky as us
We're not at the end but oh we already won
No one is as lucky as us
Is as lucky as us." -Where The Lines Overlap

Chicago.

Bright lights showered the stage in luminescent shades of purple, reds, and greens. I sat behind the large kit, just barely seeing over the cymbals with a pair of replacement drumsticks in my hands.

Denver.

Gabriel shot the crowd a charismatic grin, sending them into frenzied and Drake mindlessly strummed a few chords to add to the mood.

Albequerque.

Zac and Xander exchanged grins, hands positioned on their instruments. My grip on my sticks tightened and I began a soft rhythm to add to Drake's background noise.

New York City.

"We're Chasing Avenues," Gabriel said smoothly into the mike. "Let's get this party started."

Philadelphia.

All at once, the stage exploded in a massive wave of sound coming from the amps, bring our music, our talents out to the crowd.

Portland.

God knows the world doesn't need another band, but what a waste it would've been.

Nashville.

I couldn't stop the grin as my hands expertly wove their way into the pattern of performance, feeling the sweat drip from the exertion, but I had too much energy to care.

New Orleans.

Drake did a backflip, making the girls scream like crazy. Everyone was so loud, matching our own excitement. Cameras broadcasted our every move to thousands of people around the nation.

Minneapolis.

I barked out a laugh, high off the music and adrenaline.

Las Vegas.

It was a dream come true.

San Francisco.

The city was alive with bright lights, showering everyone underneath the city's gleam in a vibrant shade of gold. Skyscrapers shot up into the sky, illuminating shadows over the streets. Billboards with celebrities covered every few yards, and palm trees lined the highway we were currently driving on.

Taxis and cars of all shades veered past our tour bus, headed off to wherever their destinations lay ahead. I watched them pass, placing my head on the glass and staring out the window in silent awe. Evening had just blanketed over the Californian city, the darkness a comfort from the long day.

Eleven different cities in under a month a half; yet I, along with the guys, still felt this inexhaustible energy during the touring session of round three. We traveled from coast to coast, gathering fans and votes, expressing ourselves through the music, getting lost in this new sense of independence that the competition graced us with. I watched as the amount of viewers on the television broadcast skyrocketed, along with the amount of curious patrons who decided to check out the bands in person.

With each stop, my wanderlust grew, and I felt the need to spread out my arms in hopes of flying away on my dreams. They were finally coming true; they were finally happening. I grew closer to everyone around me, unlocking a part of me that I never knew existed. I laughed more, I smiled more.