Tsuna locked his eyes with Byakuran's purple ones, before bending down to pick the pacifiers up. "None of your business."

Byakuran laughed. "That's not very nice, Tsunayoshi-kun. After all the things I've done to keep you alive?"

"You just want me to help you use the Tri-ni-set," replied Tsuna in his deadpan voice.

Byakuran tapped his chin, smiling once more, "That may be true, but you shouldn't doubt the feelings I have for you."

Tsuna tilted his head and smiled, "Whoever said I did?"

"Uh huh." Byakuran grinned and looked over to where Ietsu was lying. "Don't you think you have placed too much faith on the young Vongola Decimo?"

"Don't underestimate your enemies, Byakuran," replied Tsuna.

Byakuran gave his usual foxy smile, and he turned his attention to the pacifiers which Tsuna was holding onto with his hands. "So you are going to revive the Arcobaleno... at the price of your life?"

A few gasps ran through the crowd.

"Sacrifice his life?" Yuni's eyes widened.

The other girls also expressed their shock.

Tsuna then sensed glares shooting his way, especially from those who never commented. His eyes swept through the crowd and met Xanxus' and Hibari's.

Talk about burning glares.

"Hurh hurh." Tsuna covered his mouth to cover his chuckles. "I would appreciate it if you didn't put it across so bluntly."

A sudden burst of orange flames covered Tsuna and Tsuna closed his eyes to concentrate.

"Stop it, Tsunayoshi-kun! Before I lose my patience with you!" Byakuran walked forward to attempt to grab Tsuna's arms.

Tsuna's eyes suddenly opened, and some orange flames burst forward to prevent Byakuran from coming nearer. "It's already too late."

"Tsuna."

Tsuna glanced at Reborn. "If this succeeds, the past me won't have to do this. You should be glad."

Reborn wanted to smile. He wanted to laugh. Of course he knew that Tsuna was right.

But so what if he was right?

Yes, the world wasn't fair. He knew that. This Tsuna's sacrifice was necessary, so that everyone, including the past Tsuna, could live in a better world. There weren't even choices available for them to choose from. This was set since the very beginning. He knew that.

So what?

Did that mean that he had to stand here and watch him die?

Reborn was smiling. He knew he was.

Because the answer was yes.

---

I told him I would rather die for him, than live in a world without him.

He smiled and said, "Live well."

I smiled back, and found that it was not the world which was cruel to me, it was he whom wished the best for me.

---

Tsuna turned to look at Ietsu who was panting from exhaustion on the ground. "You'll be a good boss for the Vongola, I'm sure."

"No! Tsuna, don't!" Ietsu struggled to get up, trying to reach Tsuna.

"Since I have never said it and probably will never have the chance to anymore..." Tsuna smiled and his eyes locked into a gaze with Reborn's.