Chapter Nine - Let's Make a Deal

Dean was enjoying the night, even though Cas, still dressed as a cat, never stopped sulking in his armchair. Gabriel and Sam seemed completely oblivious to Cas' mood, talking and laughing and eating popcorn. At one point in whatever movie they were watching - Dean was barely paying attention - the main characters crashed the car they were in. Cas stiffened visibly and Gabriel looked between Cas and Dean. Cas stood up and walked out of the room and Gabriel shot Dean a worried look. Dean stood up and followed Cas, who went towards the bathroom. Dean grabbed Cas' arm.

"Are you okay?" Dean asked.

Let me go.

"Cas, you're worrying me. I just want to make sure you're okay. That you aren't about to..." Dean trailed off.

Cut myself? Cas finished for him.

"Just... come with me." Dean dragged Cas down the hall into Dean's bedroom and they both sat on the bed.

Shouldn't you buy me dinner first? Oh well, you can take me out after. Cas typed out.

"Cas, stop this. Were you going to... to cut yourself?" Dean asked.

Why do you care? You don't want anything to do with me. Cas replied.

"I know how you feel, Cas. It's true, I don't really like you, but... I couldn't just let you do that to yourself," Dean said.

You can't possibly know how I feel. Cas said. Dean took a deep breath and turned his wrist over and showed it to Cas.

"Look closely. I've been where you are, Cas. And I won't let you do that anymore," Dean said. Cas looked from the faint scars on Dean's arm up to Dean's face, his eyes slightly wider. After a second Cas regained his composure and picked up his phone again.

And how do you plan on doing that? He asked.

"What if I..." Dean paused and took a big breath. "What if... whenever you want to cut... you come find me." Cas stared at Dean.

And what will that do for me? He asked.

"I'll... if you promise not to cut, I... I'll give you what you want," Dean said, not meeting Cas' eyes. Cas smirked.

Really? You agreeing to have sex? I didn't expect that. But I accept that deal. Cas smiled smugly and stood up. Gabriel and I should get home. I'll see you tomorrow. ;)

Dean didn't say anything and Cas left as Dean sat there for a long time, staring at the wall and wondering if he was making a terrible mistake.

(I feel so bad for writing Cas like this :( hopefully the story will be worth it.)