Chapter Five - What Just Happened?

It took Dean a second to remember how to breathe. He remembered all of Charlie's warnings, but... damn. Cas was... Cas was like nothing else. Dean brought his hand up to Cas' face, but Charlie's voice ran through his head.

He'd screw you, and then he'd leave before you even had time to leave, and probably take your pants with him just for fun. He's bad news.

Dean pushed Cas away. Cas stumbled back, expression changing from confusion to hurt to anger.

"I can't. You're bad news," Dean defended himself. Cas wiped his mouth and stormed away before Dean could say anything else. Dean stood there for a second, confused, before heading back inside to find Charlie.

"Dean! Where's his royal highness?" She asked when she saw him.

"He, uh... he kissed me," Dean admitted. Charlie's jaw dropped.

"Oh my god, he did not!" She exclaimed in disbelief. Dean nodded.

"And you rejected, right?" She asked.

"Of course! I'm not stupid," Dean said. Charlie nodded.

"Look, I'm gonna go home. I've gotta... think about this," Dean told her. Charlie nodded. Dean went out to his car and started it up.

After a few minutes of driving, Dean noticed someone walking by the side of the road. It took him a second to realize it was Cas.

"Hey!" Dean shouted out to him, "Need a ride?" Cas looked around at him and nodded after a second. The ride to Cas' house was silent, but when they got there, Dean immediately got a text.

Don't think this means I'm stopping.

"Hey, we had a deal!" Dean exclaimed.

Does this look like homecoming to you? Because it doesn't to me.

"You're the one that left, okay? I'm sorry I didn't want to kiss you, but I held up my end," Dean said. Cas rolled his eyes.

Whatever

Cas got out of the car and Dean watched as he walked up to the door. Cas reached to open it, but before he could, a kid about Sam's age threw it open and hugged Cas. Cas threw a look back at Dean before hugging the boy back. Dean couldn't help but smile. It seemed like maybe Castiel Novak wasn't all bad boy.