Chapter Eight - Halloween

Dean didn't know what to do. He couldn't tell anyone, so over the next week he did what he could. He stuck to Cas like glue. Cas was pretending nothing had happened, but Dean just couldn't.

Why so clingy? Finally realized you want me? 

"Cas, please," Dean said one day at lunch. Cas rolled his eyes. "Cas please, we need to talk about this," Dean insisted.

Talk about what, hotcakes?

Before Dean could say anything, Charlie swooped in.

"Hey Dean! Let's go sit together! This guy's a lost cause," she said. Dean reluctantly stood up and followed Charlie to a different table.

"So what are you planning on doing for halloween tomorrow?" Charlie asked Dean.

"Well Sam says he's outgrown trick-or-treating, so instead we're just gonna stay in, maybe watch some horror movies," Dean told her. She nodded.

"Nice. I made the mistake of volunteering to babysit, so I'll be slave to a little demon all night," Charlie said.

"You have my pity," Dean said.

"Thanks," Charlie said. Dean nodded, glancing over at Cas. "Dude, what's up with you? You seem almost obsessed with Cas recently. Don't tell me you slept with him," Charlie stared at Dean with wide eyes.

"No, of course not," Dean said, looking back at Charlie. Charlie nodded slowly.

"Good. Now let's go, time to learn more algebra, yay," Charlie said, sarcasm dripping from her voice. Dean smiled and stood up.

***

Dean was having a lot of fun watching horror movies with Sam the next night, when someone knocked on the door.

"I'll get it. If it's more trick-or-treaters though, I'm going to murder them," Dean said. When he opened the door there was a boy about Sam's age with golden hair, wearing a yellow and black striped shirt with antennae on his head and a bag of candy in his hand.

"Trick or moose!" He exclaimed. Dean thought the kid looked familiar, but before he could say anything, he saw the person behind the kid and burst out laughing.

"Cas?" He asked. Cas crossed his arms. Cas was wearing all black, which was normal, but what wasn't normal were the drawn on nose and whiskers and the cat ears attached to a headband. Cas looked so grumpy Dean couldn't help but laugh. When he finally calmed down, Cas was glowering at the ground.

"Are you Dean?" The kid asked.

"Yeah, who are you?" Dean asked.

"I'm Gabriel," the kid said. Dean grinned.

"Say no more. Hey Sam, your boyfriend is here!" Dean called into the living room. "C'mon in." Gabriel and Cas walked past Dean into the house. Gabriel sat on the couch next to Sam and Cas curled up in an armchair. Dean stood in the doorway.

"So why a bee?" Dean asked Gabriel. Gabe shrugged.

"It used to be Cassie's, there was nothing else around," he said. Cas buried his face in his arms. Dean sat down and turned the movie back on, settling in for a long night.