Chapter Three - Reluctant Agreement

Dean was now expressly avoiding eye contact with Castiel, but unfortunately, Castiel had different thoughts.

Hey WinCHESTer.

Dean blushed again as Castiel sat down next to him at the lunch table.

"What the hell do you want, Novak?" Charlie snapped. Castiel gave Charlie a pouty face and she let out a growl.

"Just go away," Dean said.

But that's no fun.

Dean sighed.

"Okay, fine. What do I have to do to get you to go away?" He asked. Charlie's eyes widened and Castiel smirked.

Go to homecoming with me.

Dean sighed again, showing his phone to Charlie.

"Dude, don't," she said. Dean shrugged.

"I really want him to leave me alone. I'll do it," he said. Castiel grinned and stood up.

Then I'll see you later.

When Castiel was out of view, Charlie smacked Dean upside the head.

"Ow!" Dean exclaimed. "What was that for?"

"Why did you agree to go to homecoming with Castiel Novak?" Charlie asked incredulously.

"He said he'd leave me alone. I can't take many more of these texts. You were right about him, Charlie. But I can take care of myself. I'll go to homecoming with him, and that'll be it," Dean said. Charlie narrowed her eyes.

"You underestimate Castiel Novak's seductive powers," she said.

"Really, Charlie? I think I can resist. You're really locked onto this guy, though. Did he do anything other than sleep with you and ditch you?" Dean asked. Charlie looked at him, as if sizing him up.

"We were friends once, that's all," she said eventually.

"That sucks," Dean said. Charlie just shrugged it off.

***

"Bobby, Sam, me and Charlie are here!" Dean shouted. Sam bolted into the room and tackled Dean in a hug.

"Dude, let me go and pick your manliness back up," Dean said. Sam let him go.

"I'm just excited. Dean, I had my first kiss at school today!" He exclaimed. Dean and Charlie grinned.

"It was Gabe, wasn't it!" Charlie exclaimed. Sam blushed.

"I... uh... maybe..." Sam was suddenly subdued, not making eye contact with Dean, obviously scared of what Dean might say.

"Rock on, man!" Dean said, holding out his hand for a high-five. Sam grinned again and high-fived Dean.

"I'm very proud of you, Samsquatch," Charlie beamed. Sam hugged her then dashed back upstairs to his room.

"Nice," Charlie commented. Dean just sighed.

"What? Did you not want him to be gay?" Charlie asked, sounding slightly hostile towards him for the first time since they'd met.

"No, I'm happy for him. It's just... Dad wouldn't have been," Dean said. Charlie's face changed from suspicion to pity.

"Oh. I'm sorry," she said. She didn't know everything, but Dean had told her that they'd been taken away from their father.

"It doesn't matter now. Let's go," Dean brushed it off. He and Charlie sat on the couch in front of the tv and started playing video games, but Dean wasn't focused. He really was happy for Sam - but he couldn't get his father's disappointed look out of his head.