Chapter Seven - Cas Needs Help

Friday. It had never seemed so long to Dean. He spent most of day avoiding Cas, as was his custom, while still trying to hang out with Charlie.

"He's not showing any signs of letting up," Charlie said during lunch, "do you need me to try to take care of it?" Dean shook his head.

"No, I'll be fine. He'll learn eventually," Dean said.

"If you say so," Charlie responded.

***

At the end of the day, Dean was washing his hands when Cas walked out of one of the stalls. Cas gave a little jump when he saw Dean, and Dean frowned when he saw Cas. Cas' eyes were red and he didn't give Dean his normal cocky smile.

"Are you okay?" Dean asked. Cas nodded, not making eye contact. Dean turned to leave, but then he noticed something drip from Cas' fingers.

"Is that... blood?" Dean asked, freezing. Cas looked up, then back down, and shook his head. Dean took a step forward and grabbed Cas' hand in his own. Cas tried to pull away, but Dean just pulled his sleeve up. Cas' efforts to pull away became more frantic as Dean stared at the cuts all up Cas' arm.

"Cas? W-What?" Dean breathed. Cas finally yanked his arm away and pushed past Dean and out the door of the bathroom. Dean turned and ran after him.

"Cas!" He shouted, grabbing Cas' shoulders and turning him around. "You're... you're coming with me. I have to pick up my brother, but after that you and I are going to talk," Dean said, taking Cas' hand and pulling him out to the impala. Cas sat in the passenger seat, staring at his hands, which still had streaks of blood on them. Dean was distracted as he drove to Sam's school, and he was still distracted when he picked Sam up.

"Hey. This your boyfriend?" Sam asked teasingly. Dean shifted.

"Shut up, Sam," he said. Cas glanced around at Sam then went back to staring at his hands. Sam and Dean talked, but Dean was mostly on autopilot until they got back to their house. Dean took Cas up to the bathroom immediately, grabbed a washcloth, wet it, and sat Cas down on the closed toilet. Cas still didn't make eye contact as Dean rolled up Cas' sleeves, pausing at the amount of scars on his arms before starting to clean the blood off of him. Cas stared at Dean as Dean finished cleaning him up. Dean looked up at Cas.

"I don't... I don't even know what to say," he said quietly. Cas just stood up.

Don't say anything. Don't ever mention this again, or I will kill you. I'm going home now.

"Okay, Cas. Whatever you want. Can I at least drive you home?" Dean asked. Cas shook his head and made his way to the door. "Please?" He begged. Cas just ran out the door.