Chapter 35

Damien's POV

Present Time

"So, I guess that's the end of our love story... up to now" I whispered to Nova so only she'd be able to hear me.

I didn't have to look at her to know she was smiling. "You were really that worried about me?" Nova smiled.

"Mm" I murmured, kissing the top of her head. "Of course. You mean so much to me"

"I can see that now" she replied.

Just about twelve hours ago she had woken up from her brief coma. Although she had woken up, the incident left a lot of side effects.

As soon as her monitor started beeping, more than just two nurses and just one doctor came rushing in. They all pushed Kyle and I to the side. No matter how much we screamed at them to let us through or how much we tried to push through, we somehow ended up out of the room.

I banged outside the door, screaming threats at them to save her or I'd come for their family or that I'd throw the hospital in flames. Kyle watched over me, letting me take all my rage out. All I remember was continuously kicking and banging on the door while I screamed like a crazy person. I was crying and yelling. It was all an absolute mess. Hearing the shouts for different medical tools inside the room didn't help calm me down either.

Eventually, Martin came out of the room looking very flabbergasted. "She's awake" He said to me.

Even after she had awoken, I wasn't allowed to immediately see her. They took about five hours running different tests on her. Two hours bringing in a speech therapy doctor to get her to talk and make sure she was fully functional to speak and move once again. She picked up on things very quickly but it still took two hours to make sure she had it mastered down. She spent a hour attempting to eat and then she took different types of medication. Afterwards, she somehow ended up falling asleep for four hours.

When she had awoken from her brief nap I was allowed to go in because she had been asking for me from the start. I was once again an emotional mess. So was she.

Now, we were lying together in her hospital room's couch. I had been here for hours, recalling the first time we had met.

We sat in comfortable silence after I had finished telling the last but recent part of our love story.

Moments after, Nova sighed and slowly scooted closer to me. She let out a groan indicating the movement had hurt her a bit.

Immediately concerned I got closer to her so she wouldn't have to move. She smiled weakly at me then looked up at the ceiling. "Damien?"

I looked at her "Yeah?"

"I don't want to-" She interrupted herself by letting out a huge sigh. I could see tears welling up in her eyes so I  sat up, looking down at her. I reached down to hold her hand "I don't want to die" she choked out as she started to cry.

My heart broke at her words. I hated how much the idea of death controlled her.

"You won't" I reassured.

I tried to reassure her but I knew the state she was in. She didn't know the exact state she was in but Nova's smart. She had figured it out.