Chapter 22

"Brielle!" He shouted annoyingly.

I looked at him and caught the football "See, I am paying attention"

"You just have fast reflexes" he whined.

I laughed and sighed, sitting down with the football beside me "I'm sorry, there's just so much going on in my head" I told my cousin.

He nodded and took a sip of his Gatorade "It's fine" he responded.
I decided to pay a visit to my favorite cousin after my mom "accidentally" spilled the beans and had to make up a story that I was framed for a gas station robbery, so I was in jail the whole time.

Luckily, my family was too excited and didn't think too much about how that didn't really make sense at all.

He layed on the grass beside me "So how is jail? Is it as scary as the movies?"

I didn't know what to say and I felt guilty but jail was kind of like the mansion so I took it as that.

"Uh, at first, sorta, they push you around but after a while it's admittedly not so bad"

"Who's they?"

I looked at Josh, suspiciously "The police officers?"

"Right" he laughed and nodded "I guess I'm lost in my own thoughts as well"

"Mmm" I mumbled and got up from the grass, attempting to help him up but he was twice my size "I have to run, mom's going to be looking for me soon"

"Bye Nova. I'm glad you're okay. Stay safe" he pulled me in for a hug "Need a ride home?"

"No, thank you. I want to walk to try to relieve stress a bit"

"Hope you're okay"

I smiled and waved, walking out the backyard's gate making my way down the sidewalk.

He walked behind me, wrapping his muscular, tanned, and tattooed arms around my sides, hands on the gun, putting a finger on top of mine on the trigger

I walked faster.

"I'm tired of being a monster, Nova"

"I'm tired of having everybody being scared of me like you are right now, I'm tired of taking lifes everyday and feeling nothing at all. I'm tired of not loving. I'm tired of being myself"

I continued to walk, feeling hot and heartbroken.

Faces inches apart, lips centimeters apart.

I slowed my walking, realizing tears were streaming down my face. I was drowning in my own thoughts.

Memories are all I have now, memories that could've meant something, thoughts that could've lead somewhere if one of us knew how to put our feelings into words, but we didn't and now he's moved on and I'm left with a missing piece of me.

I wiped my tears angrily, angry at myself for being pathetic, angry at myself because this is what he wanted all along, for me to fall in love with his irresistible charm and just leave me whenever because that's what guys like him do. I was angry at myself for even falling in love with him.

My emotions were all over the place.

"I've been looking for you"

All my angry thoughts disappeared and I quickly turned around, hoping it was Damien but as soon as I turned around I was greeted by someone who I didn't want to see.

I didn't recognize his face but I did recognize the guy behind him's face. It was the guy who's house I went into with Damien, Kyle and Andrew for training.

"Oh shit" I whispered knowing whatever they wanted with me would end up with someone dying, so without listening to another word, I took off.

I ran and ran.

"Thank you....Uh-"

"Damien" he answered.

I took a corner as the guys were approaching.

Damien rolled his eyes "Come on a date with me"

"No, I barely even know you"

"That didn't stop you from getting in my car last night"

My head was clouding up with all my flashbacks that I so didn't want to have but they were like a drug to me. They were the only things holding me together but at the same time destroying me.

I was getting aggravated and I couldn't run, I couldn't anymore. My anger fatigued me more and with every step I felt like I would fall over.

I continued and I just couldn't anymore after one more block. I lost them but I knew that if I stopped they would catch up but I needed to stop, I couldn't get enough air to my lungs and so... I stopped.

I stuck myself to the wall, panting. One, two, deep breath.

I was sweating and I was tired and my heart was beating fastly and I swear I hear a gunshot not too far away so I ran once again.

"You know how much it hurts to know you're not happy with me when I love you so much?"

But he didn't anymore. He didn't, he didn't.

I slowed down.

It was all my fault that he moved on, I wasn't fast enough in telling him that deep down I did love him.

I couldn't anymore, I couldn't.

All I could focus on was how tired I was and how heartbroken and where the hell the cops where.

I was falling. I was falling towards the grass, limp knowing that the guys would catch me soon and shoot me.

I was falling towards my deathbed and there was nothing I could do. I was tired physically and emotionally.

When I fell, I expected soft grass and a relief of not being on my feet anymore. Not what happened. I was in someone's tight grip.

Confused, I opened my eyes and was greeted by Kyle's face.

Kyle?

I rubbed my eyes to make sure I was seeing correctly and he was still there.

I was in his arms, resting on top of his muscles and I felt blessed to have one of the leaders always there when I was at my weakest.

Kyle had me in his arms and was walking casually like there was no maniacs behind us.

I turned to see behind him and there was two or three bodies lying not too far away.

"I didn't kill them, too risky. Just shot them with a little sleeping pill meanwhile we get you home. They will be dead though" I heard Kyle's voice and I took a deep breath.

"What are you doing?" I whispered finding myself making a effort to even talk.

"Saving you, like always since you can't keep yourself out of trouble obviously" Kyle said.

"Go to sleep. I promise I won't kill you or anything, Damien would kill me" He continued.

I surprisingly listened, not because I trusted him fully but because I was so tired and knew he wouldn't kill me anyway so I fell asleep in his arms as he took me God knows where.