Chapter 19

"I really don't want to end on bad terms" Andrew reached for my hand and tried to hold it but I quickly snatched it away.

We were back in the mansion, safe and sound and everything quickly went back to normal.

Kyle locked in his room, Andrew attempting to talk to me, and Damien doing God knows what.

"I just want our friendship back" Andrew said and I looked at him. I furrowed my eyebrows and after a long minute of studying him, I made a decision.

"Friendship. Don't pull anything funny because I'm seriously over you."

He smiled widely. "Please. A friend is all I need right now. I miss us" he said.

"Yeah, whatever" I said as seriously as possible but as hard as I tried to keep a serious face, my frown turned into a smile causing Andrew to smile back. "Don't mess our friendship up. Please" I pleaded.

"I won't, I swear it" he promised.

I know, I'm letting him off the hook too easy but he's the closest thing to a friend I have here and meanwhile I'm here I'm going to need someone to come running to when Damien annoys me.

I nodded and I spent the rest of the afternoon talking to Andrew, sprawled on the couch, munching on Cheetos.

We would pause and laugh at some points for no reason and it felt good to have somewhere there.

Andrew fell asleep while we we were halfway through our second round of Cheetos which I found cute.

A friendly cute.

I closed my eyes as well and layed by the fire, thinking about my feelings for the boys in this house. They were all very attractive and I was confused on the fact if I really did have feelings for one of them.

Andrew. He's charming, the youngest one and definitely a ladies man. He's playful and adorable and does not take things serious at times, like our relationship. We sped things up way too fast and now that I get to know him more, I think I'm starting to see him more as a brother.

Kyle. He's cold and soulless and could care less about anybody but himself but I know there's a soft side to him somewhere in his heart - but I'm afraid he's dug it too deep and there's no curing him. I can't be with someone like him, not that I wanted to, anyway.

And then there's egotistical Damien. He knows he can make anybody fall head over heels with one look and he loves it. He's dark...yet intriguing. He shows no emotion and sometimes I hate it because I want to know if he feels anything for me and it drives me crazy. He's demanding and wants everything his way and even though it shouldn't be that way, it shows that he's not scared of anybody and won't let a single soul stand in his way, but at the same time,... he's curable unlike Kyle.

Someone like me can make Damien change his dirty ways and make him good, make him show emotions, not be so mysterious and mold him into an ordinary guy. I can help him act more like a human, but at the same time I know that would be wrong because I find interest in him now because of who he is, who he himself decides to be and if I mold him into something different... I might not like him anymore and I might mess him up for good. Maybe he's better off without my help.

I know Damien is capable of changing for the better and I know it would be a very good thing but what if once he goes off the rails he turns into someone way worse? Is that even possible? Am I even capable of helping lead Damien in the right direction? Does he even like me? Why must he be so confusing?

I groan and stuff my face in a pillow, the pillow muffling my scream of frustration.

"Brielle"

"Hm?" I sigh and slowly remove the pillow, facing Andrew.

I guess I woke him up.

"Let's take you to bed" he says in a concerned tone.

Andrew half asleep, leads me the way to Damien's and half smiles, waving as I disappear inside the room.

Damien is sitting on the bed, shirtless with sweatpants on. His laptop lays on his legs, hair ruffled as if he were running his hands through it repeatedly.

He focuses on the screen, his glasses on which makes him ten times better looking than usual.

He doesn't notice I've come in so I take the time to just stand by the door frame, admiring his beauty.

I focus on his chocolate brown eyes and try to see a hint of some kind of emotion but they look blank.

I huff loudly, frustrated with his secrets.

He looks up then, his eyes meeting with mine but I still see no hint of anything "Enjoying the view?" He smirks.

"Shut up" I walk over to him. I crawl under the covers and prop myself up to sit next to him "What are you doing?"

I look over his shoulder to get a better look and he turns his cheek slightly towards me. I could tell he's glancing over at me through the corner of his eye. After a while he turns back to his screen "What you're supposed to be doing" he says and scrolls through a website, images of girls who look unhealthy or badly bruised appear.

"Well, kinda. Not this but this is one of the websites you would've used. Kyle requested new girls. His other ones kinda died so" he says it calmly which to this point I don't find as a surprise anymore. He picks up a mug of coffee from the nightstand and takes a sip. He scrolls down the page with his other hand.

"Help me out" he continues and I try to hide my anger of the fact that men put these beautiful young women up for sale like they were some object... but helping out Damien is the only way I can get close to him and that's when I get a small glimpse into the person who he really is. Not the person he's pretending to be. I don't want to help full on pick so I observe instead. I make small comments on the way.

"So, these girls are already kidnapped?" I ask him.

"Yup. Nothing you can do about if if you were thinking about it, Ms. Superhero. Most kidnappers put them up for... auction. Need the money. We don't need the money as much so that's why we just kidnap who we want or need" he explains to me.

I ignore the feeling at the pit of my stomach. You shouldn't be looking at this, Nova. You could've easily been one of them.

I try to distract myself. "She's pretty" I point to the screen, a girl with brown hair, red tips and blue eyes.

"Rebellious" he says. He clicks on her profile.

"Maia Kennedy" I read a loud.

"God, her name is beautiful" he remarks, taking another gulp of his coffee. I roll my eyes. He sets his mug down and brings his laptop closer to him. Damien makes a grumbling noise with his throat but stays silent reading through her description.

"Out of luck, Nova. She escaped last month but she's for sale if anybody finds her" he snorts and looks at her picture again.

"If she's capable of escaping I don't know if I want to find her" he says and continues to scroll.

I felt guilty after bringing Damien's attention to Maia. I know she's already been kidnapped and she's missing but what if she was for sale and Damien decided to buy her... for Kyle. I wouldn't want her to suffer under Kyle's control and have it all be my fault. I watch him the rest of the time he spends on the website. I watch him as he writes some of their names and eventually he shuts off his computer and we end up watching Tangled because its my favorite movie.

We watch it on Damien's phone and he laughs endlessly at every scene with Pascal the Chameleon.

The movie ends and we watch it again and Damien's laughs occurs more often, causing me to laugh as well.

Just us Damien is about to click rewind for the time, I start to drift off.

I cuddle to the blanket and listen to the sound of Rapunzel's voice and Damien's soft laughs, and just when he thinks I'm asleep, he pulls me closer to him and kisses the top of my head.