Chapter 21

"You're pacing"

It was true. I was pacing back and forth in my living room and I was ranting. Words wouldn't stop coming out of my mouth like a waterfall.

"Deep breath"

I stopped talking, continuing  to pace and took a deep breath as words continued to sputter out of my mouth "He's just so confusing! I mean-" I groaned loudly, biting on my bottom lip before falling backwards landing on the couch.

"You do realize you're the confusing one, you kissed him and just smiled and ran inside, screaming like a wild person for those two men to get out of our house"

I looked at my dad and realized he was true, my mom lightly hit his shoulder giving him a scolding look "I think you should talk to him and try to work things out in a calm peaceful setting"

I laughed "Yeah! Like Damien has any patience to talk seriously and discuss feelings, he'll shut down immediately and push me away! How is he supposed to love someone without wanting to love and show them he cares!" I huffed and rolled my eyes.

"I think you should sleep on it, Nova" Dad got up and kissed my forehead "You do remember where your room is right?"

I nodded and laughed lightly "Yes dad, thank you" I got up and gave him a hug, walking over to my mom for her hug "I'll be up in a couple minutes with hot chocolate" she said.

I nodded and walked upstairs, slowly turning the doorknob to my room.

Everything was the way I left it the morning I was terrified of Damien taking me, clothes scattered, drawers half empty, bed full with things that were in my drawers.

I coughed immediately as I stepped inside realizing nobody has been in my room for a while, meaning nobody had cleaned it.

I did a quick clean up, shoving everything off my bed, stuffing clothes back in drawers and picking up a couple pieces of garbage off my floor. I flopped on my bed afterwards, staring up at the ceiling I used to look up to everyday dreading to go to work and wondering how I was going to finish my homework, maintain good grades, and get into a good college still working in a coffee shop.

I laughed silently at myself. Who would've thought I would've gotten kidnapped and flip things all around?

"I'm so glad you're back" mom said, carrying the mug towards me.

"Just don't tell anyone anything, okay?" I sat up.

Mom hesitantly nodded "Mom" I warned "It's done, it's over with, no need to get me back in their alert"

"Don't you want to see Damien again, Nova?"

"No" I sipped my hot chocolate.

"But the kiss"

"It was just a goodbye kiss, mom it didn't mean anything"

But it did, it meant so much. His lips were sweet and soft leaving me craving for more. Butterflies erupted in my stomach as soon as our lips touched, i felt warm inside and this whole time I've been stressing about the fact if he felt it too, or if it were just me. It was probably just me, I mean Damien has kissed so many girls I was probably another one of them but a part of me was hoping that he'd felt it too.

Mom left the topic and interrupted my thoughts to tell me how busy the coffee shop has grown and how they have a new employee who took up my place. She didn't say that but I knew they needed my help and I wasn't there to give it to them.

"Well, I think that's enough talking for today" she sighed and got up, taking my mug and leaving my room.

***

"Wake up"

"I'd have to be sleeping to wake up" I sighed.

I hadn't slept at all. I couldn't, I was missing something. I was missing the weight of Damien's body beside me on the bed, I was missing his soft snores, I was missing his arms wrapped around me protectively in his sleep.

"C'mon, we made pancakes"

I swung my legs off the bed and decided to get ready for the day instead of moping around for some dude that probably already replaced me already.

I sung to get my mind off things, I took a shower, brushed my teeth and everything, I even had a good breakfast but by lunch time I was somehow already permanently stuck to the couch with a tub of strawberry ice cream, Damien's favorite.

I shoved spoonfuls in my mouth watching Tangled for the third time today, cursing myself for being so pathetic.

Who would've known in a couple months with a not so decent guy could ruin your life?

I kept my phone glued to my side just in case Damien decided to call.

God I was obsessed and oh, I was so ashamed but I couldn't help it.

I talked with my parents in between rewinds of Tangled, I eventually got up the couch to help my mom make cookies which helped my mind stop thinking about him for a while but as soon as I found myself doing nothing, waiting for the cookies to finish baking, my mind was thinking about him again.

I never would've thought that the cold emotionless brown eyes that used to irritiate me so much have now become something I miss so much and its only been a day.

"You can go" Mom sighed.

"What?"

"You're obviously not happy at home, Nova. You've grown attached to him"

"No I haven't" I answered angrily, not wanting to accept it.

She nodded "You're 18, you're legal so you can do whatever, if being with him cheers you up, then so be it. I don't want to return you back to your kidnapper but..." She sighed and nodded "When you go back, there will be cell phone use, he's no longer in control. You live with him, you're your own person. If he agrees to that, then I'm okay with you going"

"Mom... No, what? I don't want to return to him"

"You do, Nova. Trust me. I know you better than anyone. Go before I change my mind"

I bit my lip and gave her a big hug, realizing that she was correct and that I needed Damien like I needed to breathe and oh, I could only hope he felt the same.

"Thank you" I murmured.

I ran to my phone and dialed Damien's number quickly.

Ring

Riiiiing

Just as I thought he wasn't going to answer, he picked up.

"Damien's residence" A woman's seductive voice was heard from the other line.

My heart immediately shattered at the sound of her voice.

So he did forget about me, how naive of me. I should've known.