Chapter 20

"Nova!"

I quickly shoved spoonfuls of cereal down my throat and slipped on my sweater.

"I'm coming, one more minute" I shouted and continued to eat cereal as fast as I could.

"There will be more when you come back" Kyle grabbed my arm and dragged me out the door.

"If I come back"

Kyle raised a eyebrow and chuckled "Oh, you're coming back"

"Yeah, sure" I laughed and ran down the houses's steps, throwing open the car door and climbing in the passenger seat.

"Ready?" Andrew asks.

Today was the day I go home.

I nodded eagerly and Andrew drove off.

I looked out the window "Why couldn't Damien come? He's the one who gave me permission and isn't he my leader?"

"Why are you complaining? Haven't you devoted half of your life to trying to get away from him? And now you're complaining that he's not here"

I looked over at Andrew and rolled my eyes "I'm not complaining, I'm just curious"

Andrew blasted the AC and focused on the road but still responded "You got to understand Nova that us leaders sometimes get really attached to our girls. You have grown on Damien, well all of us with your annoying ways of questioning everything-"

"He couldn't bare the thought that I might not come back?" I interrupted.

Andrew laughed and smiled "Yeah, I don't know why though he could easily grab your skinny ass back and shove you in the car but ... A. He respects you way too much nowadays and B. You're with your family and they might call the police and hey, we're caught"

"Then why are you risking bringing me home?" I question.

Andrew sighed and shook his head "Sometimes people do crazy things when they love someone"

I looked at Andrew quickly and before I could ask him what the hell he meant he looked back at me "There you go questioning again"

Andrew just basically accidentally admitted that Damien had feelings for me, which I suspected but they were never confirmed and now they are. I was confused on how I felt to the news about this because I wasn't still exactly sure on how I felt about him, but all my worries about Damien vanished as soon as we pulled up in front of my house.

I gulped and looked and Andrew "How am I supposed to explain that their supposed dead daughter wasn't really dead this whole time?"

"Hey, do you want to see your parents or not?" Andrew asked, unbuckling his seatbelt "Besides, I'm going to be with you"

I nodded and hesitantly unbuckled my seatbelt as well, climbing out of the car and walking at a slow pace towards my front door.

I stood beside Andrew, growing nauseated as he knocked on the door and there was footsteps coming towards the door.

"Andrew, I don't know if I can do this" I whispered as soon as the door flew open, my eyes landing on my exhausted looking mother.

We stared at each other in shock for what felt forever.

I couldn't believe that I was actually in front of my mom.

She soon broke into a smile, tears welling up at her eyes as she croaked a soft, relieving "Nova"

I smiled back, already crying and ran into her arms not believing I was home.

***

Hours passed and I was the happiest I have ever been, all my worries disappeared and I didn't even care that Andrew was awkwardly standing in the living room the whole time.