Chapter 29

Once we arrived back, Damien immediately jumped out the car.

"Stay here" he said before taking off towards the mansion.

Kyle was already waiting by the door. Andrew was starting to walk over to the car, where I was.

He knocked on the window. I rolled it down.

"You coming out?" He asked.

"No, I don't-" I cut myself off once I saw Damien take a handful of Kyle's shirt and shove him.

Andrew followed my gaze and quickly ran over to break up the fight. He didn't get there fast enough to stop Damien from punching Kyle though.

Andrew shoved Kyle again to keep him from punching Damien back.

I stayed glued to my seat in shock.

Andrew wasn't built like Kyle so he couldn't keep him back. Kyle pushed Andrew out of the way and punched Damien's eye and kicked his stomach enough to shove Damien down to the ground.

Kyle spit on Damien's face. "I had nothing to do with her death, bastard"

Damien was angry. I could see it in his eyes, but he was weak and in pain after Kyle's impact. He stayed on the ground and slowly sat up to lean on his elbow. Damien was breathing heavily trying to catch his breath. I knew once he regained his strength he was going to beat the shit out of Kyle, and when Damien gets like that there's no breaking up the fight because it gets nasty. Damien is uncontrollable when he's angry so who knows what he might do to Kyle with all the anger that was building up within him.

I didn't want him to accidentally kill Kyle or something and later regret it. He already is a mess with his mom's death. To try to help Damien I finally got out the car and knelt down beside him to try to calm him down.

He looked up at me and scowled "I told you to stay in the car"

"I couldn't stay in there seeing you like this" I told him and looked up to see Andrew talking to Kyle. He was probably trying to calm him as well.

"I'm fine" he said. I noticed his breathing had slowed down. He'd catch his breath already. I was running out of time.

"No you're not, look at your eye, it's swelling up" I panicked.

"Nova, I'm okay" he sat up completely.

I bit my lip knowing it was getting a little too late. I needed to hold him back, and fast.

"But I'm not" I blurted out.

He looked at me, his expression softening "What's wrong?"

"I-" I looked down. I had no idea what to say. "I got a splinter" I said.

I know, iconic.

To this day I can't believe that was the best answer I came up with. As you can tell, I definitely don't work well under pressure.

He took my hand and obeserved it before setting it down "You're fine" he said and got up.

"Andrew, take Nova back into the car!" Damien shouted and stormed towards Kyle, giving him a big push so he'd fall. Once Kyle was down, Damien started repeatedly punching him.

"It's your fault! You killed her! I told you to take care of her while I was gone and you failed! You couldn't even wait a couple days to fuck up! You ruin fucking everything!" He punched Kyle between each word.

I got to my feet, starting to run towards Damien.

Andrew stood in front of me and blocked me. "Don't get involved" he said.