Chapter 2

I finished up the rest of my shift with my head buzzing with questions. I couldn't focus, at one point I accidentally spilled a cup of coffee while handing it to a customer. Luckily it didn't come in contact with their skin or else that would've been an easy lawsuit.

After my shift finished, I sighed. I locked all the doors and made sure all windows were secured as well. The last thing I did was turn off the AC. Leaving it on would only increase our bill. I was the last to leave so it was always up to me to make sure everything was locked.

I flung my sweater over my shoulder and locked the door behind me as I walked out.

"Nova, sweetheart!" A voice called. I didn't dare turn around. I shoved the keys to the shop in my purse before collecting all my courage and finally turning around only to end up face to face with Damien.

I took a deep breath. Could've been worse. "Go away, creep" I muttered. I'm not going to lie... I was still spooked from the whole disappearing act.

"Sorry about earlier. I had to go run some errands and I was running late since I decided to donate to charity last minute." He smiled.

He could've just said that before leaving instead of scaring the shit out of me.

I nodded. "Okay" I gripped onto my purse. "What are you doing back here? Seems as if you're a busy man."

He shrugged. "Would it kill you if I told you that you intrigue me?" He tucked a strand of my hair behind my ear. "I came by to see if you'd give me the chance to get to know you better."

His way of words and his simple actions made my heart immediately flutter... until I reminded myself he was anything but a gentleman.

"That's cool" I said in attempt to control myself. "Good for you" I pressed my lips together trying to figure out how to get myself out of the situation. "I have to go. We're closed." I pointed to the 'COME BACK TOMORROW' sign that was taped on the door.

"Oh, I didn't notice!" He gasped sarcastically. He had to look down at me in order to make eye contact because of our visible height differences. "Let me walk you home. If you're lucky, I might kiss you on your doorstep" He smirked.

"I'm fine walking by myself, Damien" I answered. I started to walk so he wouldn't see the blush forming on my cheeks.

Nova! Get ahold of yourself! He's a jerk, you wouldn't want to date someone that insulted you without even knowing you!

You're so sentimental, get over it. Everybody makes mistakes!

I sighed at the battle between myself going on in my head.

Do I or do I not give him a chance?

I looked down as I walked, trying not to think about Damien. My thoughts were suddenly interrupted by the roar of a engine. I turned around to see Damien sitting in a black SSC Ultimate Aero. My jaw dropped as I stared at the car in awe. I didn't even know the price range of this car but I didn't need to in order to know it was crazy expensive! What does this guy do for a living?!

Damien rolled down the window, pulling up next to me.

"Close your mouth. You'll catch bugs" he frowned.

I didn't listen. I continued to stare at the car. This sexy car was almost as sexy as it's owner!

...Oops.

"Hop in, Nova. I'll take you home." He offered.

I shut my mouth quickly at his offer... seriously debating it.