Chapter Nineteen - Chiharu

A/N: I'm sorry for disappearing again. I kept putting off writing this chapter. It's been half written for months, I just want it to be perfect. Especially since this is near the end. 

A lot has happened in the past months, I've been busy. I also got engaged at the end of 2016 too. That makes me sound old, I don't want to be old. 

I've also got plans for a new story, it's going to be original. Would any of you consider reading it? 

4th September 2011

"So how does Kira kill? I'm curious." Katsumi asks me. I shrug.

"I'm just as clueless as the rest of the world is. He told me it was for my protection, in case I'm tortured for information. If I reveal it, chances are I'll be killed instantly. He hopes that me not knowing would give him time to rescue me." I explain. "It will also be bad for him, should that information get out. I'd rather not know."

"Doesn't it bother you that you're living with someone who murders people?" Katsumi asks. My eyes widen and I shake my head.

"I hadn't really given it much thought... But he's our God. He's only killing those who are evil. I'd rather be with him than someone like Hajime." I say honestly. Katsumi's eyes narrow and he pinches the bridge of his nose.

"He's got you all brainwashed. He's a murderer, regardless of what sort of people he kills. He doesn't even check to see if they're guilty! My wife died because of him!" Katsumi rants. I look away.

We continue walking in silence.

***

2nd January 2011

I haven't seen Katsumi since that day. I can't help but feel like Katsumi is apart of something, and I feel conflicted as to whether I should inform Light of this. Chances are, he's part of the AKO and they're going to kill Light. But at the same time, if Light hears of my suspicions, then Katsumi would die.

I can't let Katsumi die.

It's not like I've seen Light much recently anyway. Last I heard is that someone is killing off his employees one by one. The main reason why I'm stuck inside. Light doesn't want to risk me dying too, especially since I've already been a target.

I rub my swollen belly and lean back on the sofa. Not long now. I'm due any day now.

I sit there for a few more minutes, before I finally grow tired of being stuck inside. I'll go for a walk. Nothing too bad can happen, right?

I slip my shoes on, my stomach being far too large for me to bend down to put my shoes on properly. When I leave the building, I notice a girl with black hair and grey eyes sitting on a bench nearby. Our eyes lock, and a scowl crosses her face.

A shiver sprints up my spine. I look behind me. The streets are empty, it's far too cold out for people to stroll around. Further up, walking directly towards me is a petite girl with brown hair and the brightest blue eyes I've ever seen. She saunters past me and up to the girl sitting down. She pulls out a bag and hands it to the girl. The black haired girl's face relaxes, and her lips turn up into a smile.

The smaller girl looks around at me, our eyes locking and I realise I'm being weird.

Suddenly, a sharp pain crosses my abdomen. I fall to my knees, clutching my swollen stomach.

Hands touch my shoulder. "Oh my God! Are you okay? Lia, call an ambulance!" The voice is soft, but I don't recognise it.

"Are you crazy? I aint helping Kira's whore." Another voice snaps. I'm in too much pain to feel offended by her words.