Chapter Three - Chiharu

A/N: Sorry for the delay! I've been busy :o I'll also be busy for the next few days so idk how regular my updates will be. I'll try to update tomorrow but I may be seeing my crush after college and my parents are dragging me out to some university thing - which I'll try to get out of since I'm not interested in going to uni. I'll definitely be updating on Friday, Saturday and maybe Sunday. 

Help meeeeee. 

22nd March 2011

When Hajime leaves for work I let out a sigh of relief. The girl he brought home last night left early this morning. I hope her walk of shame was very shameful.

No. I shouldn't think ill of people. Kira says it's bad. You should be nice to everyone. Everyone is allowed happiness, so wanting to destroy another's is evil. Kira won't accept anyone who is evil.

I take a shower and glance at my reflection in the mirror. My hazel eyes seem greener today, it must be the light. I run my hands through my curly dark brown hair, begging it to just obey me for once.

I let out a sigh before stripping naked and hopping into the shower. I switch the shower on and squeal when the cold water hits me. The water eventually turns warm and I let it caress my skin.

I wash my hair before pouring a handful of condition onto my hands and running it through the ends of my hair. My hair is impossible to manage without it.

I lean against the cold tile as the water runs down my body.

Would I actually be able to escape Hajime? It's very unlikely that Kira will choose me, since there are tons and tons of better women out there. What would I do then? I'll be stuck with Hajime.

I leave the shower and wrap my towel around my body. I grab another and wrap it around my head. I wipe away at the condensation that has collected on the mirror and frown at the bruise forming on my cheek from where Hajime hit me yesterday. He hasn't hit me in ages. Is he just going to get worse?

My face is so small. I press my hands to my cheeks and frown. I then poke at my hair and tug at my fringe. Everything about me is ugly.

I really am worthless.

I brush my thoughts aside as I put deodorant on before slipping on my usual clothes consisting of a light blue pair of jeans and a plain black t-shirt.

***

I open my laptop up and switch it on. I immediately check my E-Mails when it boots up. Sitting there in my inbox is a new unread E-Mail. I don't recognise the sender but the subject title is 'Kira Survey'.

Hello Kurosawa-san,

We are pleased to inform you that Kira is interested in meeting you. However, before this you'll have to meet with his secretary. Please E-Mail us with dates for when you're available and we'll organise a meeting.

Thank you,

Hiro Tachibana.

What? I stare at the screen blankly.

I click reply.

Dear Tachibana-san,

I'm free whenever, but weekdays are preferred.

Chiharu Kurosawa.

I send the email and try not to burst with excitement. I place the laptop down on the table and head to the kitchen to make breakfast.

***

I sit back in front of my laptop with my breakfast and refresh my E-Mails. A new one pops up in my inbox and I open it straight away.