Chapter Ten - Chiharu

A/N: I've officially finished all my college work... problem is I still have to go in on Thursday. I'm hoping I can go in, get signed off and go home. I'm technically bunking right now, I lied and told them I had a doctor's appointment and went home when I submitted everything. 

I can go back to updating every day :D I'm so excited, I've missed writing so much :O 

10th April 2011

"Chiharu?" A hand touches my shoulder and I jump. I spin around to see Light standing there, watching me carefully. I quickly brush away the tears that are rolling down my cheeks and give him a small nod. "Let's go back to the apartment. Tachibana-san will sort out the mess."

Light place his hand onto the bottom of my back, and guides me carefully towards the lift.

11th April 2011

I stare at Hajime's body. Laying there so still.

My heart beat slows to a stop as I take everything in.

Hajime's dead.

"It's your fault."

"You let him die."

"If you never left he wouldn't have died."

"You're selfish."

I wake up suddenly and look to the left where Light normally sleeps. He's not there. I look at the digital clock on the night stand and see it's half five in the morning.

I let out a sigh and rest my hand in my hands.

I throw the covers back and swing my legs over the side of the bed. My feet make no noise as I walk across the carpet to the bedroom door. I swing it open and shut it carefully behind me.

I walk across the living room and into the kitchen.

I'm safe now. Hajime will never be able to take me back. So why do I feel sad about his death? He's evil. He deserved to be killed. He had it coming.

It's not my fault, is it? It's not like I could have prevented his actions, I had no idea he would try to rescue me. I thought he hated me. He never showed that he cared.

I grab a glass from a cabinet and fill it up with water from the tap. I sip the water and lean against one of the counters.

I shouldn't dwell on what happened. It's in the past. Hajime's dead. Thinking about what happened won't change it, nor will it make the situation better. I'm better off moving on and forgetting about it.

Easier said than done, to be honest.

I place the glass on the side and begin to make breakfast.

***

"You'll need a bodyguard. I can't protect you all the time. Especially against a new organisation that's opposing me." Light begins. I stare at him in shock across the dinner table. It's unusual for Light to eat dinner with me. He must have decided to tonight so he can talk to me.

"Organisation? Why would they attack me?" I ask curiously.

"The AKO. I found their website. They're the ones who arranged to have you kidnapped. Your ex fiancé helped arrange it, I believe. It seems that they plan to target me through you. So I'm searching for a suitable body guard for you. At least until I've disposed of them." Light explains. My mouth falls open. Hajime was part of an organisation against Kira?

"Okay." I mumble. I poke at my food with my chopsticks as I let my mind process everything.

"I hope you don't mind, but I don't want you leaving the apartment until I've found someone." Light says after a few quiet minutes pass. I look up at him before returning my gaze to my food.

I shake my head. "How long?"

"Weeks, maybe months." Light replies quickly.

Light returns to work after we've finished eating, leaving me alone again to clean everything up.

I pull my laptop out and turn it on. Once it has booted up, I open up my internet browser and search for 'AKO'. Several search results pop up – including news articles. I click on the first link.

Last night a man named Hajime Izuru was killed by Kira. From CCTV footage provided by Kira, it appears he was part of the group who had organised the kidnapping. The footage showed Izuru running up to Kira's apartment where his girlfriend was and snatching her. Before he could get away with her, Kira killed her and the rest of his group abandoned the area.

Later on, AKO – Anti-Kira Organisation – admitted that it was their plan on their website.

I left the news article and clicked on their website.

Welcome to AKO!

Hello. My name is K.

You have found your way to the AKO webpage. So what does AKO stand for? You may be thinking. Well, it stands for:

Anti-Kira Organisation.

So if you oppose Kira and don't know how to express your feelings, then you've come to the write place. All comments left below are anonymous, every comment's IP address will be hidden so no one can trace it back to you.

The AKO's plan is to bring down Kira and do what's right for the world. No more innocent people will be harmed by Kira.

I continue to read through their blog posts.

10th April 2011

You may have heard of Kira being attacked on the news. It was us. We had planned to kidnap Kira's girlfriend. We had no intentions of harming her. Hajime Izuru, her fiancé, just wanted her back after Kira took her away from him.

Kira is the evil one here.

Sadly, Hajime was killed in front of his fiancée.

A, K, H and C.

It seems that they only have four members. If they don't want to hurt me, then why does Light want to get me a body guard? Is he scared they'll actually succeed in kidnapping me next time?

From the post, I doubt they'll try kidnapping me again. Their motive was only because Hajime wanted me back, not because they wanted to attack Kira.

A/N: I apologise for the short chapter! Things are going to start getting interesting. 

Who do you think will end up being Chiharu's body guard? 

I really can't wait to write the next chapter, it will be from Katsumi's point of view and I'm really excited to include Hana and Cecilia. I love those two so much XD They're definitely my favourite characters, which is incredibly unusual because I don't normally have favourites when I write stories. 

- Alice