Chapter Eleven Part Two - Katsumi

A/N: My boyfriend got angry with me for talking about yaoi... so I'm writing to escape his pissy attitude XD Don't be surprised if I update several times. Though chances are I'll post this one chapter and go back to watching Shokugeki no Souma. Anime solves all problems. 

20th April 2011

"Two million people are being tested today for the role. They're hoping to narrow it down to about one hundred thousand people by the end of the day." Aki tells us as we stand in the queue after signing in. The tests are being conducted everywhere around the world.

Right now, we're outside a large gym hall. Inside we're put through various tests to see if we're good enough to be a body guard. I'm hoping the tests aren't too strict, otherwise none of us have a chance.

It's first come, first served. So if you sign in early, you take the test early. So Aki, Hana, Cecilia and I will be taking our tests together.

"There's so many people. I really don't think I'll pass." Hana says quietly, her eyes darting around the area and at the people huddling together. Cecilia pats her friend's head.

"Don't put yourself down. You have a German Shepherd, right? You take her out for walks every day. You're probably better than the other douchebags here."

Hana shakes her head slowly. "But... but..." She begins to say before Cecilia flicks her nose.

"Cecilia's right. We shouldn't put ourselves down. We all have a chance." Aki adds in. I nod in agreement.

"Hana, you walk your dog. Aki goes swimming every morning. Cecilia is part of a karate club and I run every evening. We're all capable of passing the fitness tests." I say.

Several hours pass before we're called in. A lot of people left, so our chances are higher than before.

The test consists of basic fitness tests, and we also had to demonstrate our knowledge of self-defence. Something that Cecilia taught us before today.

I walk up to the examiner, a middle-aged man with greasy hair and a receding hair line, silver glasses perched on the edge of his nose and a gaze that screams "I'm better than you".

"Name?" He asks, not moving his eyes from the paper on his clipboard.

"Katsumi Tsubaki." He flips pages on his clipboard before stopping on one. Probably one with my age on it.

"Age?"

"24."

"You'll be doing two laps of this gym, which will be timed. After, if you qualify, you'll have to demonstrate your knowledge of self-defence. If I think you're good enough, I'll send your results off and then you'll be notified if you passed." He explains quickly. I nod and then make my way to the line. He blows a whistle, and I start running.

***

"How did you do?" Aki asks when I join him. The girls are still inside taking their tests.

"Good. My results are being sent off. You?" I say as I sit down next to him on the bench outside the building.

"Same. I hope they both passed too. I have no doubts about Cecilia, it's just Hana. She doesn't believe in herself so I think that will cause her to not perform as well as she should. If she doesn't get her results sent off she'll feel so sad." Aki says and turns his head to the door of the building, probably expecting the girls to return.

We sit in silence for a few minutes, before Hana walks out on her own. She gives us a thumbs up before skipping over to us. Aki and I move over so she can sit in between us.

"My results were sent off! I passed!" She says happily, smiling brightly. Aki wraps an arm around her shoulders and gives her a hug.

"Well done!" He congratulates her. I hold up my hand to her and give her a high five.

Several minutes later, Cecilia walks out. A smirk crosses her face as she walks over to us.

"I passed." She says before grabbing Hana's hands and pulling her up. She engulfs the smaller girl in a hug. "Congrats, Hana! I told you that you could do it!"

A/N: I hope this chapter is alright. I'll be updating tomorrow! It will be from Katsumi's point of view again, I hope you don't mind. It's just I don't have anything interesting for Chiharu to do. She'll have a chapter again soon.