Chapter Two - Katsumi

22nd March 2011

I wake up alone in bed, something I'm still not used to despite it being four years since her death.

I roll onto my back and stare up at the plain ceiling.

I miss you, Akemi. Not a day passes when I don't think of you.

She was beautiful. Her hair was so silky and I loved running my hands through it. It was the perfect shade of brown hair. Her eyes were so green and were absolutely stunning.

I still love her to this day.

I'd still have her if Kira didn't kill her. She was innocent. Her stupid parents hated me, they didn't want me to marry her so they tried their best to stop it. We got married, then six months later they were accusing her of murder and writing lies all over the internet to catch Kira's attention. It wasn't long before she died of a heart attack in front of me.

"I don't feel too good." She mumbles, she holds a hand to her chest, pain evident in her face. I place my hands on her shoulders, her eyes look up at me. Her green eyes full of life for a second, before fading and becoming dull. She takes her last breath and collapses into my arms.

I remember it as if it happened yesterday. Her lifeless eyes still plague my dreams.

I'll never forgive Kira for taking her life.

That's why I plan to bring him down. I will avenge her death.

***

"Yo, Kat!" My best friend calls to me when I walk into his shop. I've been working here since he bought the place. This shop sells all sorts of materials and furniture to decorate your home with.

Aki is my best friend, I've known him for years. We've practically grown up together.

He runs his hand through his sandy blond hair as he looks at me with his grey eyes. He offers me a large grin.

"Is Hajime working today?" I ask and he nods. I sigh. I hate Hajime, there's something about the guy I don't like. I just can't trust him. He has a fiancée that he constantly complains about. He's always claiming she never does anything right. I don't see why she agreed to get engaged to the guy, he's a jerk. He doesn't deserve someone like her, even if she is as useless as he claims. From what I've heard, she doesn't work and spends all day cleaning and cooking for him. I don't see how Kira lets scum like him live.

Another thing I hate about Hajime, he's one of those Kira worshippers. When he's not bitching about his fiancée he's licking Kira's ass. I don't see why he worships the guy.

As far as I'm concerned, Kira is a criminal. I don't want to know how many innocent people he's murdered, not counting the SPK and other organisations he slaughtered on his way to the top. Since he's been around, detectives like L have vanished and you'd have to be stupid to believe that he's still alive. It's clear that Kira got him and killed him.

Aki rests his hand on my shoulder. I look up slightly, since he's just about taller than me but I won't admit it. "Kat, I know you hate him, but he was the best person I interviewed. I can't fire him because we need him."

I sigh. "I know, I know. When does his shift start?"

"In a few hours." He replies. "Anyway, I'll be out back as usual. Come find me if you need me."

We bump fists before he walks off and I return to the till.

The shop is pretty empty, and I end up falling deep into thought.

I wonder if I could make some sort of group, something where those that are anti-Kira can speak their mind without worrying about having their picture and name posted onto the stupid Kira forum. Most people are too scared now to be honest. While crime rates have dropped dramatically, people are more careful about what they say and how honest they are. So many people were killed just for opposing Kira when he rose to power.

I'll have to talk to Aki about it later. While Kira hasn't done anything to him directly, he still shares similar opinions with me since Kira murdered Akemi.

The door opens, pulling me from my thoughts. I turn to see Hajime walking through. I glance at the clock to see he's only five minutes late. Wow, that must be the earliest he's actually turned up for work. I don't know why Aki keeps him around, to be honest. There are better workers out there.

"Hello," I say politely, holding as much bitterness back as I could.

He glances at me and doesn't say anything before taking his position at the till next to me. "You'd never guess what happened yesterday." He begins and I already know what he's going to say. He's probably going to bitch about how his fiancé didn't do something right. I roll my eyes. "I banged this chick, she was hot. So much better than my waste-of-space fiancé."

I shoot him the dirtiest look I can. "You're a jerk, you know that right?" I let as much venom seep into my voice as possible.

"No," he snaps back.

"Why don't you break up with the poor girl? If you don't like her so much." He turns to smirk at me.

"No, she does all the cleaning for me. Not that she ever does it right-" He stops talking as a customer walks in. What I find funny is that he only brags in front of Aki and me, as soon as a stranger walks in he'll shut up. He'll start rambling on about how he much he loves his fiancé. He knows deep down that what he's doing is wrong and Kira will punish him if he caught wind of him betraying his fiancé like that. He's a coward.

While Kira does go about things wrongly, he does do some good to the world. I will admit that.

***

"So you want to create some anti-Kira organisation?" Aki repeats after I explain my idea. I nod. "You do realise we'll die if we're caught, right?"

"I know. I need to stop Kira. Someone needs to start this. He's been ruling for a year too long. I don't want to think about how many more innocent lives he'll take. While not many people falsely accuse others, it still happens. I don't think Kira realises that. So we'll stop Kira. Avenge Akemi's death. I know her parents are the main reason behind her untimely death, but Kira should have investigated it further. I'll end him." I explain. "We can only die if we let our identities known. So we go by letters and hide behind masks. We can start off by making some sort of forum of our own. Kind of like Kira's."

Aki sighs and looks me in the eye. "You're right, I'll stand by you. I loved Akemi like a sister and I still haven't forgiven Kira or her parents. I'll help you. Just promise me that you know what you're doing. Think things through. Next week, if you still feel the same I'll go through it with you. We can plan something then. We can make a forum and gather followers."

A/N: Hello again! I really enjoy writing this story :) I managed to think of the whole plot this morning so everything is planned out, just not that thoroughly yet. I'm so excited! 

If you see any typos or mistakes, feel free to point them out :D I know some authors don't like having mistakes pointed out (which is pretty stupid, in my opinion), I actually don't mind it :D 

Vote and comment! 

Today's question: Are you watching any of the current Spring 2016 anime? If so, what one(s)? 

I'm currently watching My Hero Academia and Kabaneri of the Iron Fortress :3 both are really great, however I do prefer the latter XD 

Also, what are your thoughts on Katsumi? 

If you haven't noticed, he's anti-Kira whereas Chiharu is pro-Kira. I thought I'd have two characters with opposite opinions. 

- Alice