Chapter Eleven Part One - Katsumi

A/N: I'm sorry for disappearing. My anxiety has been really bad recently, so I haven't been able to write. 

11th April 2011

"Now you've got to put up with us." Cecilia says as she leans her arm on top of Hana's shoulders. A small smile is spread across Hana's face and she lifts her dainty hand up to give me a small wave.

"I'm really excited to work with you, Katsumi-san!" Hana squeaks and she turns to Cecilia for approval, who gives her a pat on the head.

Since Hajime is dead, we needed someone to replace his spot in the shop. Cecilia wouldn't let Hana take the job on her own, and Cecilia wouldn't work for us without Hana. You can never get just Hana or Cecilia, you have to have both. They're a package deal.

I don't think I've ever seen one without the other... if I'm being completely honest.

"What do we have to do, Katsumi-san?" Hana asks politely. Her blue eyes sparkle at the prospect of doing something.

"Uh- just wait here until someone walks in. I've already sorted everything else out." I reply. I lean against the counter and tap my finger on the side.

"Jeez. You could at least give her somethin' to do. She'll get bored." Cecilia snaps and frowns at me. She removes her arm from Hana's shoulder and crosses it with the other across her chest.

"N-no no. It's fine, really. I don't mind waiting for customers." Hana pipes up. Her blue eyes dart to Cecilia and she waves her hand.

"You don't have to lie. Katsumi won't fire you for speaking your mind." Cecilia replies quickly. She pats Hana's head and then turns to face me.

"Come on, you must have something for her to do."

I shrug and look around the shop.

"Uh, are you good with designing leaflets on the computer?" I ask Hana. She nods enthusiastically. "Aki has a spare laptop in his office, go and ask him if you can borrow it."

***

15th April 2011

"Oi, Katsumi." Cecilia barks at me as she enters the shop loudly. She saunters over to me and places a piece of paper in front of me. I pick it up and read it.

Calling all bodyguards!

Kira currently needs a bodyguard to protect his girlfriend. So if you think you have what it takes, apply below!

"You want to apply?" I ask her. I pass her the sheet of paper and she folds it up before shoving it into her pocket. I look at Hana who is watching Cecilia with wide eyes.

Cecilia nods. "Yup. I think we should all apply." Hana nods enthusiastically.

"I found the advert and I showed Lia. I thought it would be a good opportunity for us to get closer to Kira." Hana says quietly. Cecilia gives Hana a thumbs up.

"It's a great idea, right? So we'll all apply later and hope that at least one of us gets the job. The odds will be better if we all apply." Cecilia says, taking control over the conversation. "Is Aki in his office? I'm gonna go show him." Cecilia turns quickly and walks off in the direction of Aki's office.

"Good spot." I say to Hana. She blushes and starts twirling a strand of her around her finger. A large smile spreads across her face and she closes her eyes.

"I'm glad I could help!"

Several minutes later, Cecilia returns with a huge grin stretched across her face. She tucks a strand of her black hair behind her ear and gives us a thumbs up. "Aki's gonna apply too."

Hana grins and claps her hands together. "That's great!" She wraps her small arms around Cecilia and hugs her. "We're gonna beat Kira!"

A/N: sorry for the short chapter. I didn't want to force myself to write it, because then it would be crappy. I'm seeing my boyfriend tomorrow so I'll probably post part two on Friday or Saturday.