Chapter Twelve - Katsumi

A/N: I disappeared again... oops. Idk what I've been doing these part few days anyway. I'm pretty sure I binged Another the other day and I spent 6 hours drawing yesterday. 

I also kinda have a job. I get paid to write articles about anime for a website :D so I actually have some extra money. Though I spent £35 on a tablet (yay for Prime Day, I saved £15) because my phone is crap. 

I have Pokemon GO... problem is my new tablet doesn't have GPS so I kinda sit there staring at Charmander ... 

This time I promise I'll update every day. Except for Friday and Saturday since I'm seeing my boyfriend again XD If I don't update on Sunday yell at me in the comments of this chapter until I do. 

Anyway... enjoy this chapter XD 

30th April 2011

More tests today. Apparently more challenging than the last.

I run my hands through my messy hair before throwing my legs over the side of the bed.

"Wish me luck, Akemi." I mumble under my breath. I look over at the picture of her on my bedside table, a sad smile flashes across my face.

While getting revenge won't bring her back, I just want to feel like her death wasn't pointless. That maybe it brought the worst criminal that's lived down. I know Akemi would have made that sacrifice if she had to.

***

"Are you ready?" I ask the group as we join the short line of people waiting to undergo more tests. Hana gives me a small nod and Cecilia gives me a thumbs up. I turn to Aki and he shrugs.

"I guess." He mumbles. His eyes flicker to Hana's face for a brief second before scanning the people in line before us.

We wait our turn silently. None of us really wanting to talk. For some odd reason, this time is a lot more nerve-wracking than the last. I guess it's because one mistake could mean we're completely out and we could fail our plan. Another plan.

My eyes narrow and a frown forms on my face. We wouldn't have to do this if Hajime just kept his stupid mask on. We'd have Chiharu and we wouldn't have to be put through several tests to be a bodyguard under Kira.

"What are you thinking about, Katsumi-san?" Hana asks timidly. I look down at her and give her a small smile.

"Don't worry, nothing important." I say simply, brushing off her question.

People disappear into the building one by one, not returning for a good twenty minutes. I have no idea how long we'll be standing here for.

Most of the people that have left look extremely disappointed, very few of them have exited the building looking pleased. It makes me wonder how slim our chances are. They can't be good. Should we just give up now instead of wasting our time here?

The line gets shorter and shorter, more people leave looking dejected.

As time passes, Hana grows more worried. She begins to bite nervously at her nails, only to be slapped lightly by Cecilia and scolded.

"Don't bite your nails! You're lucky they look pretty! If you keep biting them I won't paint them for you later." Cecilia threatens, her scowl on her face isn't as menacing as usual, I'm guessing she can't get properly mad at Hana. From what I'm aware of, they've been friends for years. They're practically sisters.

Aki jumps into the conversation and places a hand on Hana's shoulder. "It'll be okay, Hana. You really have nothing to worry about. You've been training with us, you'll be fine." Hana shakes her head and tears gather in the corner of her eyes.

"B-but..." She begins and Cecilia pats her head.

"Shh. Hana, stop worrying. You'll only do worse. Believe in yourself, you got this far and that has to mean something." Cecilia says confidently. A grin stretches across her pale face and pulls Hana in for a hug.

Soon enough, we're called into the building one by one. Aki's first, and then it's Cecilia, then Hana and then finally I'm called in.

Both Aki and Cecilia passed, however Hana failed. She didn't even need to tell us, her tear-stained face told us everything we needed to know.

I step inside and walk up to the instructor, the same man as last time. I fight the urge to scowl at him.

"For these tests, you'll need to demonstrate your ability to use self-defence. You'll have to go against Sohma, who's professionally trained in self-defence. If you win, you pass and you can go onto the final series of tests where you'll be examined by one of Kira's assistants and Kira himself." He explains slowly. I nod after every few words, hoping he'd talk quicker but he doesn't.

I look over at Sohma. His black hair is short, and his cold grey eyes look rather menacing. He must be very strong.

I stand on the mat facing him. I stand in a defensive stance, mentally prepare myself for the fight I'm about to engage in.

A/N: Kinda shortish chapter XD sorry D: I have a headache D': plus, I haven't left this on a cliffhanger in a while, or if I have left it on a cliffhanger at all. 

Comment what you think will happen :D 

Vote too if you want. 

More comments = more motivation for me to update since it lets me know that people enjoy what I write. 

- Alice