Complicated Human Love

Follow me on Instagram! I post updates on the story there! @ emberia_

Moon Goddess POV

"SELENE!" A deity rushes in, her feet stumbling making her fly forward to the ground.

"What is it Phoebe?!" I raise from my throne, helping the lunar goddess to stand she gasps multiple times.

"Something terrible is bound to happen." Fear captivates my body. Phoebe had a gift of seeing the future. And also my best friend.

"Tell me everything." I demand and she nods her head, I click my fingers and two identical chairs appear next to us. I help her sit as the female shakes with emotion.

"Please tell me what you saw." I instruct her and the Goddess takes a second to inhale.

Her silver hair comes forward masking her face before whispering so quietly I have to lean closer to her trembling figure.

"They will die." She breathes out her palms glistening with tears that she previously leashed out.

My brows furrow together in perplexed manner. "Who? Who will die?" My own body begins to shake.

"All of them. Die. Die!" She chokes on her sobs. Grasping her palms I kneel in front of her.

"Phoebe. Look at me." The deity averts her head up. Pushing her soft hair away I stare into her green eyes.
"What did you see?" I swallow the fear building in my veins.

"Your deeds will haunt you, Selene." She gasps, I gulp down the saliva in my throat.

"I had no other choice, Gaia would have banished or worse killed me!" I call out my hands letting go of hers.

"You broke the rule. The most important rule." She sobs tears falling down her pale face.

"Gaia would have killed me!" I roar out, my white ash locks rise in the air. Phoebe narrows her eyes more tears spilling.

"Because of you selfish act humans would die. Zeus will never forgive us!" Her fist clench in anger. I raise to my feet.

"One match. One match was all I have done. Consequences couldn't be so major!" I yell out my voice coming out as a hiss. Phoebe raises to her feet, the blue sandals with ocean crystal threads wrapped around her legs.

"They were not destined to be together. You changed the future and it will affect Apollo, Coes. It will affect us all!" Phoebe flicks her wrists small petals of frost covering her palms.

"Don't I know that!? Gaia didn't listen. She got what she wanted. Don't you dare blame everything on me!" My hair dropping back on my shoulders. I look down at the two white ceramic bowls. The souls of humans and werewolves.

"You are right." Phoebe admits her eyes expressing new tears. I turn my head away, emotions leaving me.

"Why did you say they will all die?" I twist my vision towards my sister.
She looks up quite surprised I was still speaking to her.

"The vision I saw...the fire. It was inevitable. Nothing can stop fire from burning." I nod my head, still staring at the bowl of human souls.

"I went to Eros. He is not pleased with your accomplishment." Phoebe comments as she follows my steps.

"For Chao's sake when does he ever?!" My breath is harsh. Eros was always on my annoying list.
Always expressing his thoughts of who should be paired up with who. Almost letting down my position as the Moon Goddess.

"You should talk to Hecate. She knows more about human world. She spends her time infinite time there." Phoebe suggests and I shake my head. "I will."