Prologue - The Moon Goddess

Follow me on Instagram! I post updates on the story there! @ emberia_

The Moon Goddess - Selene's POV

There was nothing more magnificent in the world than the blissful control over souls. Some called my powers control over love but I haven't seen it that way. There was a designated  Goddess for love and if anything I would have never wanted to be compared to her.

"I am her sister! Let me in! " A voice so thin spoke as the double doors to my throne room sprang open. The voice held a hunch scandalous excitement.

"Mania." The name brushed from my lips, an almost curse yet I dismissed the armoured guards with a wave of my hand.

"Selene." She smiled in return, her dark leather dress reaching her small kneecaps. The pitch black hair went down to her shoulders. She scanned the ceramic floors and crisp white walls with curiosity. "Don't look around as if you've never been here before."

Mania snapped her eyes to me. "Watch your tone sister or I'd think you don't wish me visiting." Surely I didn't. Not when those visits involved spilling of commands.

"What in the gods do you want?" I spit out dryly. Mania gave me a wild grin before gesturing to the entrance, one she barged in from. "Come in ladies!"

I loved my sisters dearly, just not when they trampled my decor with their heels. It was almost impossible to keep a stoic expression when they stomped over the snowflakes that lined the floors, a direct pathway to my throne.

"Can't we find peace in this situation?" Another goddess appears from the alter her shiny blue hair flat on her face.

"Eirene!" I say with a smile. The Goddess of Peace looks at me in awe as her feet carry her towards me. We interlock in a tight hug before she pushes us apart.

"Why are you all here sisters?" I blow out, they smile innocently which is clearly an indicator of completely the opposite. I was long prepared for their sinister deeds.

"How do I say it...honestly? We accuse you of not loving us." The goddess of Truth pushes her way through the small group. Her golden locks were a reminder that she was a daughter of Zeus.

"How can you say that, Aletheia?!" My eyes look at her with sadness there was nothing I wouldn't do to assure them of my love for my sisters. I loved my family.

"Aphrodite. Look at me. You are the goddess of Love. Tell them just how real my love is for them!" I rise to my feet, my sisters look at me with judgement. The Goddess of Love passes me a bored expression telling me off for such useless attempt.

Aphrodite gazes at me roughly before looking away. "I cannot determine your feelings Selene. I am not the Goddess of Family that's what you have to ask Hera for." She mumbles out and I narrow my eyes. Off course she could check my soul for my emotions, yet she didn't. I could go to Hera, but I would never do that. That Goddess is pure evil.

"What you are still mourning over that mortal?!" Aphrodite exclaims loudly causing all of my sisters erupt in gasps. I widen my eyes, I still remember the day, Hera betrayed me. All I asked for was to see my beloved Endymion and what did I get? His passed out body that was locked in an eternal sleep. He was practically dead. All because Hera found  out about my secret. The secret that never went unmentioned without a day going by. Love for a mortal was forbidden to anyone but the Olympians, but as my creators where both Titans, I was dreading death.

Tears threaten to spill as I raise my vision to stare into deep blue oceans eyes. "No. Off course not." I swallow, my throat going dry.  "Excuse me." I mumble out, turning my back to the questioning eyes and stare at the two bowls of souls.