Chapter 10

"Welcome class to your last DADA class for the year. Today I have a couple of my friends to help me with the lesson today." Percy looked at his friends and smiled warmly, "As you know we have wizard duels in the wizarding world. Well today we are going to have a um- what's the word?"

"Sword duels?" suggested Jason. 

"Nah, that sucks," Leo remarked

"Greek duel?" suggested Piper

"Hey, what about us?" Frank protested 

"I taught them the Greek way, so Greek it is."

"Mr Jackson." Asked a Ravenclaw, "What exactly are we doing today?"

"Well today, we are having a good old Greek duel" He said staring at Jason. "Everyone make a circle."

Everyone quickly shuffled out of the way to make room. 

"It's going to be Gryffindor versus Ravenclaw. The Lion versus the Eagle, the smart versus the brave. Quick partner up."

Everyone quickly partnered up with someone from the opposite house, Harry partnered up with Ron. Hermione was with Cho, and Neville was with Luna.

"Now I am going to give you an example of a Greek duel," Percy looked towards his friends, "Any Roman's up for the challenge?"

"Nuh ah, I like my head on my body," Leo blurted.

"Me too!" Frank and Hazel say unison.

"Well I guess there is only one left." Percy said to Jason.

"Last time we fought I almost killed you,"

"Firstly, I almost killed you, and secondly, you're just chicken."

Harry confused leaned over to Ron and said, "Is our Professor peer pressuring his friends?"

"I dunno anymore." They sighed and turned back to the action.

"Fine whatever water boy let's fight." Jason whipped out Juno Gladius in sword form.

"Oh it's on Sparky, just swords, no voodoo ok?"

"Deal."

They walked into the middle of the circle, Percy uncapped Riptide. They grinned cheekily at each other. 

"You ready Grace?"

"Bring it Jackson."

They launched at each other, they clash of metal rung in everybody's ears. Percy blocked Jason's stabbing techniques, while Jason stubbed Percy's Greek slashing. They went back and forth. Percy used his hilt to whack Jason in the head making him stubble back. Jason laughed and went back into battle. They swung their swords dangerously, so close that Jason nicked Percy's arm drawing blood. Jason was on top, until Percy wrapped his sword around Jason's, pulling it towards him and disarmed him.  And sent it flying towards Frank. 

But Frank wasn't there anymore, in his pursuit to cover himself he morphed into a small chicken on the ground. Then came human again. 

"I guess I won Grace,"

"Nah I let you win, I didn't want to embarrass you in front of your class."

"Is that so," Percy chuckled. 

Disturbing their banter, a student put up their hand. "Professor, is friend a Metamorphmagus?" A Ravenclaw asked

"A meta-what?"

"A shape - shifter?"

Percy looked to the son of Ares "Yeah aren't you Frank?"

"Oh um, yeah I - I guess so."

"That's so rare, I mean I've never seen one that can change his whole body, I mean I've only seen one that can change her face, I mean which is cool, but yours is totally so much cooler, what can you change into? A dragon? A snake? That's so cool I wish I was a shape-shift how cool would that be, I mean you fly that's so so cool right?"

His friend put his hand on his shoulder, "Joe, did you take your pills this morning?"

The boy looked down sadly, "No,"

"What can change into," Luna curiously asked

Frank stepped forward, "I can change into anything you can think of,"

"A horse?" A Gryffindor asked. 

"Sure," and Frank morphed into a black stallion, and trotted around the room.

"A unicorn?"

"A dragon?"

"A snake?"

"An eagle?"

"A dolphin?"

"A crazy one!" Percy butted in. The class looked at him awkwardly. "Never mind inside joke. Maybe Frank can show you all this later."

"Meet me outside at lunch." Frank said nervously with a hint of confidence. 

Percy laughed, "So anyone want to go first?"