Chapter 7

Harry POV

"Welcome class! I know I said a couple of weeks ago that we will being doing hand on hand combat but I was waiting for our special guest to join us in order to make the lesson, hmmm more interesting. So would like to introduce my friend Ms Chase!"

"Hi everyone!" She said. There was collective murmur of approval.

"So." Jackson continued "I would like everyone to partner up, I would recommend to partner up with someone the same body shape as you, to make it less painful."

Ron looked over to me and we both shrugged.

"Now class." Jackson explained. "My friend has forged a couple of extra swords and daggers for you today." He pulled a large black cloth of the table to reveal about 30 different types of daggers and swords, "I'm going to give you 15 minutes to find one that suits you. Just like you wand there is one for everyone. Even if it takes a while to find it." He pulled that random pen of his pocket and started twirling between his fingers. Annabeth laughed.

I walked out to the table and picked up a sword it was long and golden though it was much too long and was hurting my wrist. This goldielocks situation went on for a while before I picked up a short sword, thin but wide. It was the perfect weight. I walked over to join the rest of the people that had found their match.

"Oh mind you they are real swords, which means they are dangerous, which means they can hurt you, which means you should be careful. So I have some armour over here." Jackson said gesturing to a pile of bronze he just brought out.

Once everyone had found there weapon and had been fitted with armour so the didn't die Jackson and his girlfriend walked into the middle of the circle. 

"So, everyone found their weapon? Good, now when fighting there's two different ways you can go. Firstly, a stabbing momentum." He stabbed the air with his hands a couple of times, "Or a slashing momentum." He slashed the air with his hand. "Now I believe that a slashing momentum is more effective, so that's what I'm going to teach you."

 "Firstly we are going to teach you how to grip your sword or dagger." Ms Chase started, they went on for a bit teaching us how to hold grip and how to move with the sword. Which foot needs to be forward and how to bend your knees. 

"So now that we have the basics down I want you to throw that all out the window." Jackson said walking over to the window and throwing his sword out.

"I swear that guys crazy!" Ron whispered to me

"Um Professor, that could have hit someone below." Hermione persisted.

"Don't worry I'm sure it will be fine." He said reaching into his pocket grabbing his pen. 

"Who is this guy?" Hermione whispered to Ron and I.

"Now Ann- Ms Chase and I are going to give you a quick demo. Now I don't expect you to become anywhere as skilled, we have been training for many years. But this is the skill you can achieve one day."

The both stood and a ready position. Ms Chase with her dagger and Jackson with his sword. Hermione put up her hand.

"Um Professor, are you going to fight Ms Chase with a pen?"

Jackson smirked "Well isn't there that muggle saying? The pen is mightier than the sword? Well good thing I have both."

That's when he uncapped the pen and it grew into the long bronze sword he had thrown out the window only seconds earlier.

The class stood there in awe and they sprung into battle. The were slashing and jumping and pointing, they were going to fast the that is was all a blur. Until Percy's sword flew across the room, Ms Chase had thrown him the air and her knee landed on his chest and her dagger at his throat.

"You've been training with Jason." He laughed

"Well I need someone to beat up while you're away." Ms Chase took her dagger off his throat and looked up to the class. "As you can see you can use your partners own weig-." 

She couldn't finish her sentence because Jackson flipped her over him, took his pen now in sword form out his pocket and was now at her throat with his knee on her chest.

"Maybe you should do some training with Piper." She laughed and started stand up and pull Ms Chase with her. 

"As you can see you should always pay attention. Make sure you remember which sword is yours for tomorrow.  Haha class dismissed." He leant over to her and whispered, "You okay?" 

"I'll survive." And he kissed her on the forehead. 

"Ms Chase! Which way do I point my dagger."

"You better go."

Mr Jackson capped his sword and put it back into his pocket. He looked over to the crowd of students. "Harry! Can I see you for a second."

"I wonder why he wants to talk to me?" I ask Ron

"I don't know, just stay away from his pen."

"Will do." 

I walk over to the tanned Jackson casually lounging on the table.

"Yes Professor."

He smiled at me warmly, "In your recent battle, I know you lost a lot of people, and during your whole life. You may even feel guilty for their deaths. I have the been in the same position as you. I can see the thestrals as vivid as you. So if you ever need anyone to talk to I am always here Harry." He said warmly, his sea green eyes seemed so calming. 

"Oh thank you, I really appreciate it."

He patted my shoulder, stood up and smiled "You're not the only kid that was the in the middle of a big prophecy." 

And he walked away.