|Epilogue|

||"Sometimes remembering can really destroy you."||

Four Weeks Later

"What's going to happen?"

"We'll run tests and keep her under observation."

"For what?"

"It's for her health, you know that. She is showing signs of mental deterioration. Look, I'm here to help, and there isn't much else that can be done, Pietro."

"There's a lot more that can be done. I have a suggestion, how about we take her out of that straight-jacket and take off that collar. Have you forgotten she's pregnant?"

"It's for her safety and ours."

"Wanda isn't going to hurt us, Dr. Cho."

"Pietro, please do not fight me on this."

"She's my sister."

"And she's dangerous."

Wanda blinked slowly, her arms sore and her throat dry.

One moment, she was in a large room, surrounded by young nurses and machines, the next, she was in a small, dark room wearing a straight-jacket and a metal collar that would shock her in case she did anything "dangerous."

There were no windows, but Wanda could hear Dr. Cho and Pietro talking through the wall. There was anger mixed with sadness when he spoke, and she could tell he was trying his best not to get mad with Dr. Cho. She was just doing her job. 

In the corner of the room, Nik stood waiting, his curls bouncing a bit as he shifted his weight from one foot to the other. 

"How are you feeling?" he asked her, staying in his corner where the shadows hid his face. 

Wanda looked down at the straight-jacket, trying to move her arms, but it was useless. 

The jacket was incredibly tight around her arms, keeping her hands bound behind her back. The only area where the jacket wasn't tight was around her stomach. 

"I've been better," she said to him, smiling weakly. "Why are you hiding over there?" she asked. 

"I don't want them to see me," he said, crouching down so that she could now see his face. "Don't tell them I'm here, okay?"

Wanda nodded. 

He'd been gone a while and she worried for him, but every time she asked Pietro to see him, he would just frown and tell her that Nik was resting. Apparently he got hurt pretty bad during the fight at the compound, so she understood his absence. But a few hours ago, he appeared, and she was so grateful that she wasn't alone in this dark room. 

"Thank you for being here," she told him. "I don't think they're going to let Pietro come with me."

"I'll always be with you, Wanda," he said, and something about his words tugged at a memory, but it wasn't clear enough for her to remember it. But she didn't think too hard on it, because the collar around her neck pinched her skin every time she swallowed. If she were being honest with herself, she could probably break free from the collar, but she didn't want to hurt the baby. 

Things were so different now that she was pregnant. Every decision had to be thought out--the baby would always come first. 

It's because of the baby that Wanda sat there quietly, avoiding the magic in her belly that kept begging her to break free. 

As long as they didn't hurt the baby, no one would get hurt.

"People are coming, Wanda," Nik said. "I have to go, but I'll be there with you when you arrive to wherever they're taking you."