Chapter 25

||"She's a dangerous...a very dangerous soul; she can fill you mind with sinful desires and rip your heart out with her loud silence."||

Sweat covered her entire face, her breath raspy and her legs sore. But she kept on running, kept on pushing herself, until she'd circled the entire perimeter three times.

The last time she'd run this much was back in Sokovia, when Nik forced her to run laps through the woods behind the cabin after she'd accidentally sent a hex bolt through a tree. Neighbors had thought a meteor hit.

Her chest heaved as she placed her hands on her knees, trying to get the air flowing through her body. Despite the fact that her legs felt like noodles, she managed to stay standing, stretching out as much as she could before searching for soft ground to rest on.

As she walked back up toward the main building, she heard the ripple of water, and her mouth dried up at the sound of it. Wanda scanned the area, trying to find the source, but all she saw were trees and land. With a grunt, she flopped down on the grass and fell back, feeling her spine soften against the hard ground.

The tight muscles in her shoulders relaxed, and she loosed a long breath, relishing the feeling of her heart returning to its normal speed. The magic beneath her skin was boiling, aching for release, but she pushed it deep down, where it would stay for a few hours until the ache for release returned.

"What are you doing?"

Wanda opened her eyes to find Crystal staring down at her, the sunlight shaping a halo around her head.

"Resting."

"Can I join you?" she asked, her voice dramatically flaccid. And Wanda perched herself up on her elbows and squinted up at her, breathing in the fresh air, contemplating. "I'm taking that as a yes."

Crystal took her place beside Wanda, and it was then that Wanda noticed her black training clothes. The attire looked sleek on her body, and the sleeves cut off at her elbows, exposing her arms that were covered in lace gloves. Her hair remained tied up in her ridiculous bun, but she had a determined look on her face that complimented her unique beauty.

"Are you waiting for Emma?" Wanda asked, and Crystal rolled her head back and stared up at the sky.

"Actually, she's waiting for me. She asked me to come out here and get you."

"Why?

"Why else? She wants to get started on your training."

Wanda looked over her shoulder toward the large building, and she was positive she could see the gleam of Emma's skin through the large glass windows.

"And what are you training for?"

Crystal pouted her bottom lip and turned to face Wanda, those piercing green eyes catching her off guard. "Not for my death—like you—but...for myself, I suppose. There's a lot more to me than one element...a hell of a lot more."

"Like what?"

Crystal scoffed, pushing herself off of the ground and wiping away the grass on her pants. "Don't ask me what I don't know, witch. Now lets go before Emma loses her patience." She started jogging toward the training building, and Wanda gritted her teeth before jogging after her.

The training room was larger than she had expected, and there were people everywhere, working out and sparing with each other. This was no place for Wanda to use her magic—not with so many people around.

"Glad you two finally made it," Emma said, her beautiful blue eyes dazzling beneath the translucent lights. "How was your run?"

Wanda could still feel the burning sensation in her thighs as she spoke her answer. "Tiring."