Chapter 30

||"The only reason that I'm here is to wreak havoc."||

There was so much destruction.

Her eyes were shining scarlet; lighting the path in front of her. There was blood dripping from the walls, sliding down and down until it reached the floor. The bodies scattered around her lay silent.

She could hear screaming, but she wasn't afraid.

No. She was not afraid.

Because she wasn't the prey. She was the predator.

Her red magic slithered around her, protecting her from the bullets flying at her. But they hit her shield as if they were nothing more than paper balls. She was untouchable, and she was hungry for revenge.

Wanda wanted revengeshe craved it.

And now, she would kill for it.

Her eyes flew open, and the sweat covering her face went cold as she sat up and sucked in a breath.

A nightmare, one that felt too real and too wrong. And so she threw the covers off and examined her body, afraid that she'd find blood staining her skin, but when she looked, there was nothing there.

Her heartbeat slowed, and she leaned forward and swallowed down the taste of fear that still lingered in her mouth. The dream was just a dream, she told herself, but what she had felt while dreaming was the exact same feeling she felt that night in the factory.

That chaos that ached for release.

Wanda crawled out of bed and looked up, realizing that the sun had risen, and the a new day was waiting for her. As she washed up in the bathroom, she tried to push her nightmare to the back of her head, hoping to forget about it soon. But she could still see the blood and the hear the screaming and smell the magic. All of it felt so real. She didn't know what to make of it.

After dressing herself, she made her way into the living room and found the others sitting around.

Emma and Crystal were seated near the back, talking to each other, and Pietro and Sam were in the kitchen, talking while cooking food. Wanda didn't see him, but she could hear Tony talking on the phone somewhere, and the sound of everyone's voice relaxed her.

Natasha was standing near one of the back doors, her arms crossed and her face blank. Wanda joined her, staring out the glass door, trying to figure out what she was looking at. But all that Wanda could see were trees and land and nothing more.

"Clint left," she said, breaking the silence. "I was going to wake you up so you could say goodbye, but Clint didn't want to wake you so early. So he told me to tell you that he'll miss you, and to not get into any trouble while he's away."

Wanda smiled, leaning into Natasha. "Do you know when he'll be back?"

"He didn't say, but, I'm assuming he'll come visit in a few weeks. I told him I'd go down and see him and the kids soon, but, it's hard finding time."

"You can go if you'd like," Wanda said, and Natasha turned, her eyes growing lighter as the sun caught them. "I don't want you to feel like you have to be here because of me."

"Wanda," she started, "I'm here because I want to be, and because I want to help you in any way I can. There's a lot that needs to be done," Natasha's hand came up and poked Wanda's cheek, and the coolness of her skin made Wanda shiver. "Besides, you're not getting rid of me that fast. We still have seven months of time to make up."

"That's true," Wanda said, grabbing a hold of Natasha's hand and walking her over to the kitchen.

"Do you always sleep in, Little Red?" Sam asked, the mocking tone in his voice evident.