Chapter Twenty-Seven: Breaking Bones

Chapter 27

The fight starts and I struggle in Andre’s grip. He chuckles and squeezes my hands together tighter. I grit my teeth, there wasn’t much pain but everything that he does irritates me. We didn’t get off to the best start seeing as he beat me in the fight, making him not look too good in my eyes.

            “If I apply anymore pressure your wrists will break and then you won’t be able to do anything until they heal,” Andre says into my ear. I withhold my urge to smirk; two broken wrists won’t stop me for long. I heal fast enough that they would leave me unattended only to leave them in a crippled state.

            “Go ahead,” I say and wince as I feel the bones in my wrists breaking.

            “Only because you were so nice about it,” Andre says letting my arms go.

            I let them lay by my sides so they were in a good position for them to reset but I don’t move them at all after. I’m hoping if I remain still the healing process will quicken even further and I’ll be able to do something sooner.

            I feel immense amounts of pain as my bones go through the healing process extremely fast. If they were to heal slower I wouldn’t feel anything but there always has to be some kind of balance. No mobility equals no pain. Full mobility equals pain; a lot at one time.

            After maybe ten minutes of watching the fight and struggling not to move the pain begins to subside. It takes another few minutes before it subsides to a dull ache. I let out a hiss of breath as I contemplate what I should do.

            I move my head and peer out of my peripheral vision to see Gabriel and Andre on the other side of the room watching the fight with intensity. I turn my head towards Damon’s bindings and study the knots. I look back over at Gabriel and see that he is still entirely focused on the fight. I flex my fingers in anticipation.

            In one fluid motion I’m on the floor behind Damon’s chair and start to untangle the knots binding his hands and the ones holding his torso. “Untie the rest of your bindings,” I whisper before standing back up in my former position to block what Gabriel might see if he turned around to look at us.

            Damon stays put in his chair, once he has his bindings untied he whispers, “We won’t be able to get out, there are other people here as well if he wants to keep us here he will and besides Skylar hasn’t come in yet and we can’t leave without her.”

            “So what do you suggest we do,” I snap, “give up?” I let my voice soften. “We need to do something and this is something, two of us is better than one. We have a better chance working together instead of just one of us doing the fighting alone.”

            “True, true,” he says. If we were somewhere else in a different situation there might have been a smile on his face but not today, not now. He was just trying to keep us both calm enough and on the same page so we could work together as a team. That is exactly what we need to do if we want to get out of here without too much difficulty.  “What’s the plan?”

            “There isn’t one, other than stay alive.” I say. “We do have two options though, either helping them,” I motion to the fight going on between Gabriel’s vampires and our friends, “or we can go after Andre and Gabriel who are going to interfere as soon as we try something.”

            “The second option,” Damon says and I agree.

            “Now,” I say and Damon springs up from his chair and we make our way over to where Gabriel and Andre are. I supress the urge run knowing that it will be easier for them to hear; surprise is the only thing we have on them at the moment and it’s what we need to keep.