Chapter Twelve: The Two Dreams

Chapter Twelve

“Dri, where are you?” I hear a voice call, maybe its Damon. Oh Damon, I’m so sorry. “Dri!” I hear them yell again, it’s not Damon, it’s a female voice.

            “Dri, where are you?” They repeat, getting closer, “Oh God!” They exclaim, “What happened?”

            I slowly open my eyes to reveal a blond head, it was Maya.

            “I thought you were with Damon.” My eyes tear up at Damon’s name.

            She helps me sit up, “What happened? Damon came back without you, he didn’t even come into the house, he just walked straight past it.”

            “We had a fight.” I mumble.

            “But you and Damon never fight.” She exclaims, “What was it about?”

            “He found out about Ian.” I moan, fresh tears falling down my face. I must look so stupid but I can’t help it Damon’s been my best friend for seventeen years I don’t know what to do without him, it hurts to be away from him, “It’s all my fault.”

            “No, it’s not, it’s mine, I should never have you, you should go out with Ian.” Maya says, placing here hand on my shoulder, I feel calm spread over me, but it falls away. Her Gift isn’t working on me.

            “He’s never going to talk to me again.” I sob.

            “I’m sure he will, he’ll get over it, he will eventually accept you and Ian.” She soothes, but her Gift still isn’t working so it’s whatever she can do with her voice.

            “There’s no Ian and I.” I say.

            “Wait, what? Did you break up with him?” She questions.

            “No, but I’m not going to go out with him anymore.” I respond.

            “Why not?”

            “You didn’t hear what Damon said, he won’t ever be over it and I can’t do that to him anymore.” I reply.

            “What did he say?” She asks, looking confused.

            I stay silent, I’m not going to tell her what happened. I’m not over the shock of it, I can’t tell anyone about it, not yet.

            “You can tell me about it later.” She offers, even though I know she’s dying to know what he said.

            I nod and she helps me get up. My body hurts from passing out in the forest.

            “Let’s go home.” She says and we start to slowly walk in the direction of the house.

*************************************

            I trudge into the house, Maya following close behind.

            Tiffany’s mom, Amber flies up to me, “Oh, honey, are you okay?” She asks, grabbing my face, looking for signs of injury, physical injuries wouldn’t show on us and no one can see the inner ones.

            “What happened?” Amber orders.

            “I don’t want to talk about it.” I mumble. She frowns at me, it’s hard to believe she’s a mother sometimes she doesn’t look a day over twenty-one.