Chapter Nineteen: Mystery Meeting

Chapter Nineteen

I walk through the big Council room where Council always takes place. I’m surprised Victor didn’t just have his meeting in here it would be just like him but he didn’t so that must mean they’re in one of the rooms branching off from it.

            I walk through it listening for voices. I soon here some coming from the largest room. I roll my eyes, figures.

            “This is our final meeting, it’ll be taking place tomorrow,” Victor says. “You’re all ready?”

            “Yes,” Chloe answers.

            “Yeah,” Ian says.

            “Yes, Victor,” Summer responds.

            “Okay, this meeting is adjourned, you may leave now,” Victor says, dismissing them.

            Summer, Chloe, and Ian file out of the room, I walk over to Ian.

            “Hey,” I say to Ian, walking over to him.

            “What are you doing here?” He asks.

            “I came to see you,” I answer. “So what’s happening tomorrow?”

            “What do you mean?” Ian asks.

            “I heard Victor talking, there’s something being planned for tomorrow?” I ask, a little unsure now.

            “Oh that, it’s nothing,” He assures me.

            “It didn’t sound like nothing,” I disagree.

            “It’s just Council stuff, Victor wants us do some jobs for him tomorrow,” Ian says.

            “Okay, then,” I still think it was something bigger than that.

            “Adrianna, what are you doing here?” Victor asks.

            “If you must know,” I start in an exasperated voice. “I came to see Ian but because I just heard your stupid voice it made me forget what I wanted to talk to him about.”

            “I am head of the Vampire Council you have no right to talk to me like that,” Victor says his eyes lighting up with annoyance.

            “And I’m involved in a major prophecy which ones more important?” I ask rhetorically. “Remember I could destroy your little world so back the hell off.”

            I turn to Ian, “I’m going to go now, my days been ruined.” I glance towards Victor who is fuming in annoyance.

            “Okay, I’ll see you tomorrow,” Ian says.

            “I thought you had jobs to do for Victor,” I say.

            “Yeah but I’m positive I’ll still see you, they won’t take long anyways,” Ian explains.

            “Okay, I’ll see you tomorrow then,” I say.

            I walk out of the Council Buildings. There’s more to this than Ian’s letting on, I feel like I’m missing something.

            “How did it go?” Shane asks.

            “Fine,” I mutter. I look up at the twins they look like they’re waiting for something. “Oh, and you’re not in trouble Victor didn’t even mention you guys when he saw me.”