Chapter Eleven: What did I just do?

Chapter 11

A week and a half had passes since I got my Gift and my date with Ian.

Not much has happened. Scratch that Leda and Skylar got their Gifts. Leda has a type of telekinesis, I say a type because we're not quite sure about it because she hasn't actually moved anything with her brain yet. All she had mastered was getting a glass of water to shake, so it may just be her elemental Gift. Skylar was Gifted with her elemental Gift, each Immortal has an element that they posess, either Earth, Fire, Water, or Air. Skylar's is Earth, so she can make stuff grow right now, it may change into something more but it's too early to tell.

Ian and I went on another date, we went to the beach again but this time we actually went swimming. I love swimming, we have to breathe just not very often so we could just chill at the bottom of the lake. That means we can stay under water for a very long time. We explored the lake on our date, Ian had never been in it and he doesn't have to breathe very often either, more than me but still much better than a human.

We still haven't kissed or anything, I just met him, I'm not Skylar or anything.

Damon still doesn't know, I'm starting to feel really guilty about that, I feel that if he ever finds out or friendship will crumble, no that's stupid. Right? He's always out with the girls or, Derek, Felix, Elliot, Ethan, and Logan

Nothing else really happened, but the anxiety over Damon finding out was bad enough I don't think I could handle much more.

That's not really true, seeing as Vampire Council is today. UGH! I wonder what's going to happen seeing how the last one ended.

***********************************

"Dri, are you ready yet?" Tiffany yells. Déjà vu.

"Yup." I call back to her, so maybe not déjà vu seeing as I remembered to get dressed this time.

She walks in, "Hair?" She asks, eyeing my head, I shake it, "Change it back." She orders.

"But I like it." I whine, it was dark brown today.

"You have to change it back." She tells me.

"Why?" I ask.

"Because no one knows about it and we all agreed not to tell anyone." She informs me.

"That was Damon, he forced you guys into agreeing to it, I had no part in the decision once so ever." I counter.

"Damon's your best friend."

"So?" I ask.

"He's like your other half, he knows what's best for you." She answers.

I frown, "I'm glad you didn't say better half, because he's not."

She put a serious façade on, "In some situations he is." I give her a weird look, trying to think of something to say, luckily my door flew open and I didn't have to say anything else. Unfortunately, it was Damon my so called better half.

Damon strolls in, he spreads his arms wide and says, "The better half at your service." He had been eavesdropping again, he needed to stop that habit but I guess it's kinda hard with enhanced hearing. I do, well, most of the time.

"Oh, just come right in." I say sarcastically.

"Thanks for the invite, but I don't need it." He tells me and flops down onto my bed, I roll my eyes at him.

"So, what are you getting ready for?" Damon inquires.

"Vampire Council." I state.

"Didn't you guys hear? It's been postponed." Damon informs, "Ian told me." I panic at the thought of him talking to Ian.