Chapter Twenty: The Great Reveal

“I’m going to Damon’s,” I announce. “Does anyone want to come?”

            I’m walking around downstairs and yelling at the rest of the girls, the majority are still sleeping. I get no answer I shrug and walk into the living room, heading for the door.

            That’s where I stumble on Skylar; she’s sitting there watching TV, ignoring my yelling.

            “Hey, I’m going to Damon’s, do you want to come?” I ask.

            “Sure,” She says taking her eyes off of the TV and looking at me. She flicks the TV off with the remote and follows me out the door.

            We walk slowly towards Damon’s. I want to get there fast but then I don’t. I don’t know if Damon’s back to normal and if he isn’t then I don’t want to see him, that sounds bad but I only want to talk to him if he’s my normal Damon and not someone that’s confused and angry.

            “So how are things going with Felix?” I ask.

            She looks up at me breaking out of her trance, “Same as before, slowly.”

            “Just think you’ll get know him better before you actually start to date him, you’ll have more of a chance at having a successful relationship,” I say.

            “I guess,” she says. “Is that your plan with Damon?”

            “Why are you guys always prying in on my relationship with Damon?” I ask.

            “You didn’t answer the question,” Skylar points out.

            “No that’s not my plan; Damon and I are just friends,” I say, shaking my head.

            “For now,” she says before she skips up ahead and strolls into Damon’s house.

            “What do you mean?” I ask as I follow after her, she just smiles knowingly before screaming.

            “Damon get your lazy ass out of bed!”

            “I am out of bed Skylar, you would have noticed that if you would have used your senses before you started screaming the whole town was probably just woken up,” Damon walks into the room, pulling his shirt down which he— from the looks of it— he just put on.

            “The whole town wouldn’t have woken up,” Skylar snorts. “You live outside of town not in it.”

            “Yeah but most Immortals use their senses unlike you,” he replies.

            Skylar rolls her eyes at him but doesn’t say anything, she’s horrible for that well I am too. I don’t pay attention as much as I should.

            There’s a hard knock on the door.

            “Who’s coming over to see you so early in the morning?” I ask.

            “It’s the afternoon,” Damon points out. “But I don’t know I was only expecting you.”

            “Well then go find out,” I order. Damon walks over to the door and peers through the window.

            “It’s Ian,” he says.

            “So you two do have a little bromance going,” I laugh.