Chapter 23

Grant
             3 months later ; March 1

"Everyday is a new chapter in our life. Depending on how you feel , the chapter may be long , the chapter may be short. You make your own story , it's a privilege. Your life is a book and you are the author." I stopped and slammed my hand on the table.

I had just started creating blogs and vlogs. Madelyn recommended I do since I talk so much and like to pep talk. I'm getting paid for everything I do since I've become widely known. It's amazing how the year started off great. I started off with a clean slate.

Madelyn decided to go to a 5 day college course. It was difficult , extremely , difficult but with my help and patience , we got through it and she got a degree. 

Just then Madelyn walked in , wiping her eyes and standing in her pj's.

" Hey , I heard banging , are you alright?" Madelyn asked. Before I could answer , she crossed her arms over her chest and gave me the look .

" Fine , no."

"I'll be making coffee. Come out to the kitchen , we'll talk about it." she said walking out. Grunting , I followed in suit. 

After the coffee was made , we sat down and I didn't know where to start.

" Okay. I simply had a block in the brain. That's all. "

"Grant , you're so creative. You're talented and an inspiration. You'll figure it out , everyone has a broken train of thought sometimes."

"Madelyn. You're so-" At that moment the door bell rang.

I looked at the time and so did Madelyn.

"It's only 7a.m. , who could that be?" she asked. I got up to open the door and was shocked when I saw my old fling  Eliza standing at the door.

She barged in and hugged me tightly.

"Grant! It's been way too long."

I could already tell this was going to end badly.

-
" How the fuck does she even know where you live? Do you give your address to everyone?" Madelyn asked me.  Ever since Eliza stepped foot into this house it's been hectic , well Madelyn has been hectic.

Eliza Jones . Back when I was with Viktoria and we had our issues , I hooked up with Eliza.  We were together on the low for about a week. I cut her off because it wasn't right. Yeah , she was super attractive , well according to society's standards , but I wanted to stop.

Madelyn kept on yelling and I was growing tired of it. I grabbed her gently and kissed her.

" You're acting like a possessive maniac."

"She's just-"

"Pretty , yeah but you're prettier."

"Grant , she's not staying here."

"Don't be irrational.  This might be an emergency. I'm going to see what she needs."

She pulled me back and locked her lips with mine.

"Maddy." I spoke against her lips.

"Fine. "

After squeezing her like a plush toy , I walked out to find Eliza drinking a glass of tequila.

"Isn't it a bit too early for tequila Eli?" I asked.

"Oh for a Hispanic , never too early for tequila."

I let out a large sigh and then she proceeded to talk , " Grant , I need help , you need to help me."

Slapping a hand across my face , I asked , " How can I , of all people be of assistance?" Eliza pulled down her turtleneck showing me the rope line on her neck.

"What happened?" I asked in horror.

"I'm being sex trafficked ."

" What? Eliza , what?"

"I got married two years ago and then my husband became my pimp. He was happy because he was flowing in money. Recently , sex went to physical abuse and I'm scared I'll end up dead and he won't care."

"Eliza. Why ?"

"I couldn't leave , he's always been around me. But I took the chance to leave , I don't want it anymore Grant. I don't want to feel used. " Eliza spoke crying. I sighed and pulled her into my arms.

"We'll send in an anonymous call to the police later on , for now you can stay here. Sleep in a guest room. "

She looked up at me , and smiled , making the memories come back. I felt tempted to kiss her , to hold her but that wasn't my job and I would not disrespect Madelyn again. I quickly dismissed myself from that hug and showed Eliza the guest room.

"Thank you so much. "

I walked back down the corridors .  Having Eliza here is going to be hard for me and Madelyn. I went back to my bedroom and slid myself into the sheets.
"Grant , is everything alright?"

"It'll be a lot to process and handle when I explain to you what's happening."

"I'm listening."

" I'll tell you later. I just need some sleep."

With that , I drifted off.