Chapter 8

Maddy

The sun showed in my face and I whined .

"Grant , can you shut the blinds." I said. But no response , then I remembered he went to Carolina. I decided to go to the room.

I put on one of his sweaters and put on jeans. Then I slipped on some shoes and walked towards the room.

I knocked lightly and then walked in. I screamed when I saw what I saw.

Then Grant woke up and noticed his surroundings. Then looked at me.

"Madelyn ," he exclaimed rushing over to me ," I promise it's not what it looks like."

Tears started to fall like rain , " Don't you fucking touch me. I can't believe this. Is this why we came down here? So you could cheat on me?" I screamed.

"Please . Madelyn , I'm so sorry."

"Sorry , doesn't cut it." I slapped him very hard and ran out. I ran down the stairs with tears continuously flowing , grabbed his keys and left.

I couldn't believe this happened . I thought he loved me , I thought he cared for me. I thought their relationship had ended.

I drove for hours and hours. I had no clue where I was at. But I stopped at an In N Out to eat my pain away.

I brushed my hair and wiped my face down. Then went inside to order.

" Welcome , what can I help you with today?" the lady asked.
"I'll take 3 double-double burgers with everything. 5 french fries with cheese and 2 milkshakes. And can you please bring it to that table over there?"

"Yes , that'll be 27.95."

I paid and then went to sit down. I hadn't brought my phone , I forgot , so I just sat there .

Thinking .

I'm too young for this , I don't know why I got myself into this mess . I should've stopped my relationship with him to begin with.

I'm so stupid and I -

"Here's your order .... Madelyn?"

I looked up , " Jesse?" He sat across from me and looked at me for minutes.

I hadn't seen Jesse since middle school. We used to go to middle school together in Denver. We had a relationship and then he had to move because his father got a new job. He's two years older than me.

He hadn't changed , he still had those beautiful grey eyes. That blonde surfer hair , and those pearly white teeth. Those nice tan lips. He was very muscular too.

"You haven't changed , well except for that eye twitch thing. You don't do it anymore." Jesse said laughing.

"You're right."

"Yeah."

"How's littler Julia. She's 13 now , right?"

" Yeah , yeah and she's into guys."

" Oh lord."

"I told her to stick to her dolls and she said to me , " I'll stick to some dick." I promise you Madelyn , I screamed." he said. I was laughing so hard. I took a big bite off the burger.

" I need to talk with your family again." I said.

"My dad probably still loves you." Jesse said.

"Who couldn't love me?" I asked.

"Very true. What's got you here?"

"My boyfriend brought my family down here." I said after downing one milkshake.

" Boyfriend eh? Inform old Jesse."

" Well , my ... babydaddy's name is Grant. He's 24 and a hoe. "

"Well sounds like something went down and that must be the reason you bought so much food. Or maybe it's the pregnancy. "

"Jesse , you know me too well."

"So what happened?"

" He cheated on me."

"Really? That's some shit , how'd you find out?"

"I saw it with my own eyes. Apparently his babymama , yes he has another child , is in his mother's house. He slept with her."

" What an asshole. Was that his plan to begin with?"

" Thank you Jesse , thank you , that's what I asked him. So I felt betrayed and I don't know this place but , I had to release somehow."

"So you came to In N Out , to release. "

I laughed at how stupid that sounded.

" But I'm glad cause I finally got to see you." Jesse said grabbing my hand.

"Jesse!" a man called.

"Call me Madelyn , maybe you can come see my family tomorrow." Jesse told me leaving.

I pouted , took my food and headed back to that house.

____________________________________

I walked in the house and my mom came rushing towards me.

"Mi hija mia, where'd you go? I was worried. "

"You left for half the day . " Ms.Jackson said to me.

"I went to In N Out . Mom , guess who I saw. " I said.

"Who'd you see ?" she asked me.

"I saw Jesse."

"Really old Jesse from Denver?"

"Yeah and he - " I started to speak but Grant came rushing down stairs.

"Madelyn , I was worried about you." He told me.

"You weren't worried about me when you were sleeping with Viktoria. "

"I'm sorry. What else can I do?"

"You can honestly get the fuck out of my face." I walked upstairs and grabbed my phone. Then I text Jesse and asked him to pick me up.

"Madelyn , what are we doing?" Grant asked me.

" Grant you fucked up. I put my trust in you."

Jesse text back and told me he was on his way.

"Madelyn, come on."
I grabbed my bags and started to walk out.

"I can't let you walk out on me. Where are you going? "

"We're through." I said and with those words , I left.