Chapter 2

Grant

Why this was going on I had no clue. Who told , how did the police find out?

I had plenty of time to think. I was sitting on this bed that was not so soft and not so hard.

Apparently I was going to be here for two days straight until trial. And the trial would last 3 days.

While I was sitting here all I could think of was Madelyn and my child.

Madelyn looked so scared and I wished I could just hold her.I miss her and all I could remember were the good times we had.

When I met her at Footlocker's , she was the cutest thing ever. So short yet so hot and the body was amazing. I was on a streak of Hit & Quits , I wanted her to be one but she ended up staying.

How could I quit on someone so special? She was so supportive and kind. Not only to me but with everyone. Maddy deserved to be treated like a queen.

Not to mention she was also very good with Carolina. Carolina loved her.

If only I had quit my job that day .

If only...

"Grant Jackson , you may take two phone calls today. You have been granted a lawyer , he'll be here soon , be ready." the police officer who brought me in said.

I got up and walked to the phone station. I thought and thought about who would be my first call.

I dialed in the number and there was a sweet syrupy voice behind it.

"Mother?" I asked.

"Grant? What's going on sweetheart , we had just finished talking about two hours ago."

" Mother , I got arrested." I spoke.

"What? Please tell me you're joking. How , when, why?"

"Well they came , it's a long story , promise me you'll do whatever -"

" To get you out before the funeral , I know this means alot to you son. I love you ."

"I love you too mother. I have to go." I said hanging up.

Then I made my second phone call.

"Yes?"

"Vik?"

"Grant , what's going on?" she asked.

" I've been arrested."

"What did you do? Please don't tell me you went back to your old ways."

I cringed and tried to shake off the fact that she was accusing me , making false assumptions of me.

" No way , there's no way in hell i'm ever going back to that. Apparently i've been accused of having false relationship with my students." I said what I said but as it flowed out , part of the accusation was true.

"Madelyn is only 17?"

" 18 , but you know the law."

"Grant , is this what you do for love? Get yourself thrown in jail? What about Carolina?"

"Look , I have a limited time to say what I want. I'd rather not get thrown under the bus by you. I love you and I love Carolina and I love Madelyn. What I need you to do is stop by my house and see if Maddy is there. If not call her , also please bring me some nice clothing."

I heard her sigh , " Fine Grant. Take care , see you in a bit."

I rested the phone down and then set to speak with my lawyer.

Maddy

I sat in the bed of Grant , clutching a pillow because I had been unable to go home . This was home. I smelled his cinnamon scent , just like the first time I came here.

To be honest , I couldn't let go of the memory of our first time. I silently smiled to myself , wiping away my tears , as the doorbell rang. Why would anyone be here?

I looked at myself in the mirror and wow was my makeup smudged. Whoever was at the door wouldn't be important.

When I opened the door , boy was I wrong.

Viktoria stood in comfy joggers and her hair sleek straight , with Carolina in hand. Carolina immediately made noises and held out her hands for me.

I felt emotionally distraught however I felt if I held one of Grant's creations , i'd automatically be happy again.

Viktoria reluctantly handed Carolina to me and I smiled.

" You don't look so well. Hey cheer up. Everything will be fine. You want to go out for coffee and talk?" she asked me placing her hand on my shoulder.

I just simply nodded.

" Okay and i'm also here to get clothing for Grant. So why don't you get ready while I do so."

I kissed Carolina' s cheek and then went to shower quickly. I dressed in a simple dress and pair of sneakers.

I then joined Viktoria in packing clothes. I left a little gift in the suitcase while placing his boxers inside as well.

Then we went out.

--------------------------------------------------------------------

We were sitting in a local Starbucks and I was enjoying a Venti Vanilla Bean Frap.

"So Madelyn , tell me the background between you and Grant."

I started a long story and by the time I was finished it was 9 o'clock.

Viktoria studied my eyes and I had no clue what she was thinking of.

" Well , look , everything will be alright. You'll be with Grant in no time." she said holding my hand.

" I sure hope so."

"Well , I have to go to see him now. Let me take you home."

I really missed Grant and home wasn't home without him.

Grant

I paced the room. I couldn't seem nervous , but my thoughts weren't straight.

Then I heard the sound of a buzzer and my door opened. In walked Viktoria with Carolina in hand and suitcase in the other.

I got up and grabbed Carolina . I missed her so much and planted my kisses all over her. I looked at Viktoria and gave her a deep hug.

"I appreciate you doing this for me , although you don't have to." I finally said.

" It's alright Grant , I just think you should be out of here. Very soon."

"What's going on ? Did Maddy tell you something?"

"It's not what she said. It's what I know based on how she acted."

"What?! What's going on?"

"Madelyn , is pregnant."