Chapter 44: New Contract

Start from the beginning

I try to push the thoughts about what will happen out of my head and try to sleep but it's no use. I let out a sigh and snuggle my nose into Marshall chest as his arm stays wrapped around my body. 

It's going to be a long night...

***

"It was just a random guy." I shrug as I speak into the phone. 

"Tessa." Leroy sighs through the other end of the phone when he doesn't believe my story.

I spent the whole morning trying to come up with a story. Even during our plane ride and car ride back home, I was coming up with a story to tell Leroy but couldn't.

"Leroy, I was drunk. Marshall and Nathan were gone out with Dre. I got drunk and met some guy-" I repeat my story but get cut off. 

"I don't buy it, Tessa!" He says making me sigh. 

"Well it's what happened." I say as I drop down on my bed.

We had arrived back at Marshall's place an hour ago. Nathan went straight to sleep and Marshall went to Kim's to spend some time with his kids. 

Paul didn't show up at Marshall's place, which gave me more time to come up with a story. Karla wasn't picking up her phone so she couldn't help me come with a story. Chris phoned back telling me she had an emergency surgery. 

"Why would you be so stupid to get drunk and end up sleeping with other men when you're supposed to be engaged to Marshall?" Leory shouts through the phone. 

"We didn't end up sleeping together. I kicked him out before he could take it any further." I explain. 

"So what I heard-" He starts but I cut him off. 

"No it wasn't Marshall." I say. "I have a contract with Marshall. Why would I break the contract." I bite down on my lip and wait for him to speak. 

"Tessa Sanchez Black. If you are lying to me-" He starts before I cut him off. 

"I'm not." I say quickly.

"And what happens when the man you were having fun with last night tells the world about how he made out with Tessa Black?" He says making me roll my eyes. 

"He won't." I say as I drop down on my bed. 

"Tessa." I hear Leroy tut. 

"Look, Leory he was drunk. He won't remember a single thing." I say. 

"And if he does?" He asks. 

"Then we will get even more popular. That the whole point of the contract, right?" I say. 

"Tessa-" He starts but I cut him off. 

"Will you relax, Leroy." I quickly cut in. "Just stop worrying, alright? No one is going to find out, jesus." I huff.

After another 20 minutes off talking to Leroy, I finally hang up. Since it's a nice sunny day, I decide to go for a quick run. I haven't been working out alot since I haven't hired a personal trainer.  

I grab my trainers and quickly put them on before I walk out of my room. I tie my hair up in a high pony tail before I jog down the stairs. I make my way into the kitchen and grab a water bottle before I make my way to Marshall's back garden. 

***

"No way." Karla says, making me laugh. "You're fucking with me!" She gasps. 

"I was so loud." I say as I move my feet around in the water. 

"He had you moaning with one kiss...damn he m-" She starts but I cut her off. 

"Please don't. I'm embarrassed as it is." I say making her laugh.