Chapter Fifty-Eight: Smashing Defeat-II

The Infernos rushed towards them, as Tiyasha's lifeless body fell to the ground and began turning to dust. Three of the Infernos jogged ahead the rest, knives raised, ready to chuck them.

A stone flew towards them, and caught the one in the middle, right on the nose below the protective helm. There was a loud crunching sound as the Inferno fell face-first to the earth. "Jackpot," Josh said.

Arthur took charge next. He swiped his spear of white light through the air, conjuring amber-red rings of fire that caught three Infernos at once, throwing them backwards. "Six to go," he said. Shivam looked at Josh and Arthur, standing numbly.

Knives flew. Josh ducked. Arthur turned, still stepping forward, and used the rings of fire again. Red rings of blazing fire caught two more Infernos right on their breastplates. They burned as their figures were chucked behind. "Four more," Arthur muttered, gesturing provocatively to the other Infernos.

"Enough!" Blikrot growled. The battle stopped immediately as everyone looked at him. He gestured the Infernos to step back. Even the fallen ones crawled a few feet and got behind him.

"I see that you can still fight well, Arthur," Blikrot sid. "Pity that you fight against me now...why, Arthur? Why did you forsake us?"

"Because you stink of greyhound poop," Arthur said, charging. He swiped his spear through the air, and the fire-rings rushed towards Blikrot. Blikrot smashed them with the Shadowblade, making them turn to dust. Arthur's spear seemed to dim a little in his hands.

Arthur thrusted the spear straight ahead, aiming for Blikrot's chest, which was protected by the armour that came with the Shadowblade. The spear didn't find the armour, however, as Blikrot dodged expertly, and delivered a kick to Arthur's stomach.

"Ug," Arthur mumbled, stumbling a few steps backward.

"Show him, Arthur! You can do it!" Josh shouted from behind. "Hush! Don't distract him!" Shivam admonished, keeping his eyes on the Infernos, who were watching the fight between Blikrot and Arthur with wide eyes.

Blikrot tried to execute an upper kick to the chin of Arthur, but he ducked, and attacked Blikrot's feet with the spear of white-hot light. Blikrot jumped, and hovered like a bird a few feet above the ground. He sighed. "Much as I love this foreplay, Arthur, it cannot go on forever." He twitched one of his hands slightly, and suddenly, Arthur's body was lifted up in the air and hurled backwards. Then he smashed on to the ground with back-breaking speed. "I can manipulate gravity, remember?" Blikrot sighed again, floating down to the ground.

"Arthur!" Josh screamed and ran towards him. Arthur tried to sit up, but failed. One of his arms had broken.

"Chain them up," Blikrot said. "This fight is over."

"No it's not," Shivam said, walking up to Blikrot, unarmed, unprotected.

Blikrot raised his eyebrows. "You still want to fight? You have lost, sailor. It is a smashing defeat for you. You lost the Shadowblade, your girlfriend just betrayed you, and the only man in your team who knew how to fight has been broken. Give it up, boy."

"You don't deserve the Shadowblade. We went to the Temple of Eclipse, not you. Yet you use it against us, taking advantage of a treachery? And you call yourself invincible?" Shivam said, immersing in his tone as much mockery as possible.

Blikrot glared at him, then smirked. "Very well then. You think you can beat me with sword? Very well. Here. Take it. Let's duel with swords. You with the Shadowblade, I with my old one." Blikrot offered the Shadowblade to Shivam, making the Infernos gasp.

"Yes, Blikrot. And you won't use any magic in this duel, if you are brave enough. Because if you fly around like a scared crow and use gravity against me, it cannot be called a proper duel," Shivam said.

"Do you only talk? Or do you know how to use a sword, too?" Blikrot demanded, almost thrusting the Shadowblade in the hands of Shivam.

Shivam grabbed it, and took a few backward steps. Blikrot now lost his armour, as it latched around Shivam instead. Blikrot now took out another sword from behind his robe.

"Shall we begin?" Blikrot threatened.

Shivam didn't attack. He knew well that he didn't have much experience with Swords...but he had to do this. For protecting Josh. And Arthur. If Blikrot didn't use his other abilities...then maybe he did have some chance. The Shadowblade, after all, was the most powerful sword in Heart. But will Blikrot keep his word?

"Scared already?" Blikrot taunted, smirking.

Shivam screamed, running at Blikrot and swiping the sword. Blikrot casually stepped aside, and Shivam missed by about a mile.

"AMATEUR!" Blikrot bellowed, moving his sword with blinding speed. It clanged sharply against Shivam's armour, which absorbed the blow.

"What?" Blikrot muttered, disbelieving.

"See how it feels when someone uses superior magic against you?" Shivam said, attacking again. This time, arms made up of smoke thrusted up from the Shadowblade, grabbing Blikrot's hands. These smoke-arms began to tie up Blikrot's figure, arresting his movements.

"You broke your rules, Shivam," Blikrot said, smiling. And just before the smoke-arms could freeze his hands, he twitched them both.

Shivam went up in the air like a firework. He touched the clouds, almost, in the blink of an eye, and then slammed to the ground. His armour cracked with the impact, and he dropped the Shadowblade, seeing nothing but darkness. The Shadowblade's shape became smoky again, and the armour disappeared.

Blikrot walked towards him, and kicked the Shadowblade out of his reach. Shivam tried to get up, but Blikrot slammed him back to the ground by his left feet.

"You are so weak. So miserably weak," Blikrot said. "You thought I wouldn't use my powers if you unleashed the powers of the Shadowblade on me? Huh? People's Hope my foot."

"You..." Shivam tried to say, but splurted blood instead. Every joint of his body ached.

"Chain them up. They have lost this fight," Blikrot said.