Chapter Forty-Eight: Weavers' Residence

"Who are you? Wow, a baby dragon?" the little girl said, walking up to Josh.

"Yeah. I am Josh. Listen, can I and my friends here rest in your house for a while? We are really freezing!" Josh said.

"Oh," the girl said, scratching her blond head. Her face grew concerned. "My mom doesn't like strangers anymore," she whispered.

"Well, what about your dad, dear?" Tiyasha asked, trying to smile.

"He died," the girl said. That silenced everyone. The chill in the air around them seemed to grow sharper.

Shivam went down on his legs, folding them so that his left knee touched the cold earth, and his right one came almost to his chest. His face now level with the little girl's, he said, as earnestly as possible, "We mean no harm to your mom, little girl. We are going to freeze to death, if we don't take shelter. No one else seems to be around. Take us to your home. If your mother doesn't let us enter, we'll leave."

"Oh," the girl said in a worried voice. She cocked ger head and frowned as she pondered her seriously problematic situation. Shivam had a sudden urge of giggling, but he resisted it.

"Okay, then," the girl said. "Follow me."

And so they followed her, through the cold and empty silence, passing by red brick houses with shuttered windows, and closed shops that sold clothes.

"What is your name?" Josh asked the girl.

"Sylvia," she said.

"My name is Took," Took informed her. He liked kids.

After walking for about five minutes, they came to a red brick cottage with a tiled green roof and a brown wooden door with a massive door-knocker attached to it. "Okay, here we go," Sylvia said, and knocked on the door three times. Within minutes, the door opened, and an extremely beautiful woman in her thirties opened it, saying, "Where have you been all this time Sylvia..."

And then her beautiful features darkened, making the shadows under her electric blue eyes obvious, the dark locks of her long hair sinister in the bleak light of the obscured sky. "Who are these people?" she asked.

Shivam stepped forward. "Madam, just hear us out for a second. We come from a long distance, and are going to the Glaciers. But we never imagined that it would be so frighteningly cold. We only ask for the shelter of your home for some time, before we continue on our way. We mean no harm to anyone here."

The beautiful lady remained silent for a while. And then her features softened. "The Sailor...the legends are true! People's Hope..." Muttering softly, she stepped aside from the door, letting them enter. Shivam and Tiyasha eyed each other. Everywhere they went, people were intially afraid of them, and then, as soon as they saw Shivam, they calmed down. "People's Hope," they called Shivam.

Blikrot kept them all terrified, and Shivam had come to be, unwittingly, the Saviour.

The responsibility that the situation burdened on Shivam's shoulders now weighed down everyone who accompanied him. Even Took and Josh.

"Um, kind madam, can you give us some clothes for refuting this bloody cold?" Josh mumbled.

The lady smiled. "Of course I can. You're in the Weaver's Residence. Some of our ancestors even became Seamstresses. But I don't think you know what they are...anyway...seat...make yourselves comfortable. The Glaciers would be far more cold and far more cruel than this village."

*******************

Author's Note

****************

Hello friends.

First of all I would like to apologize for the delayed updates.

Recently, my grandfather passed away.

Then I had some important exams coming.

I really didn't feel like writing for a long time. If I wrote then, the chapters would have just dragged on the story. And if I don't enjoy them, you wouldn't, either.

But now my exama are over, and my situation is somewhat favourable, so I intend to make up for the lost time.

Hope you enjoyed this chapter. Leave some encouraging words. It'll help me to keep working.

Thank you.