Following Your Heart

Subaru POV

I'm so stupid....

She probably knows I like her now......

I'm walking to a confectionery shop cuz not only me but Asahi have a sweet tooth right now. I look down and sigh.

I don't understand why only I have to go get them by myself.

I look back up and enter the shop. I walk to the counter asking for a whole ton of sweets. I then look around until I see some stairs. I then see somebody coming down from them, which doesn't surprise me. What suprises me is the girl coming from them.

Yume......

We stare at each other for a moment. Until it looks like Yume realises it's me, she imdiaentely blushes!? Then runs back upstairs. The lady must of noticed we were staring at each other because she walks over to me and says, "You must know Yume."
I turn to her in surprise.
"You know Yume!?"
"Of course I do, she's my daughter."
My jaw instantly drops.

I'm talking.....to Yume's....mother......

"S-so...you all.."
"Live here, yes."
Wait so why is Yume here?
"If you want to talk to her she's upstairs with her friends."
Just then out of nowhere I hear somebody......scream?

"SHUT UP MAHIRU!"

"I'm guessing that's them?"
"Mhm."
I sweet drop at them.

So her friends are here. That either makes things more awkward or less awkward.

I sense someone looking at me, I turn to look at the stairs again only to see Yume starring at me while hiding.

"Yume, it's okay. Come on, come talk to him while he's waiting."
She doesn't reply. Just nods her head and slowly makes her way to me. She's looking down like she's nervous.

Her mom just smiles at us then walks to the kitchen. Yume grabs my hand, and takes me to a table. I take a seat and she sits in front of me. What felt like hours of awkward silience I finally say something.
"I didn't know your family owned this place. I mean you told me they owned a confectionery shop but I didn't know it was this place...."
"Y-yeah..."
She squeaks out. She must be nervous, after all I did technically kiss her......

We sit there in an awkward silence for awhile.
"I'm sorry for what I did yesterday."

Why did I say that!?!?

"Huh? Oh! I-it was nothing-I mean it wasn't nothing nothing-well even though it was my first kiss-t-th-that is if it was a kiss!"

I stare at her then all of a sudden I burst out laughing.

"Wha-what's so funny!"
She glares at me with a blushing face.

(Like this)