When Sparks Fly

Yume POV

I wake up the next day with a headache. Weird now a days I'm always waking up with headaches.

As I sit up I feel a small pain in my head. I touch my head as I grunt a bit, as I'm touching I realize that It feels a bit hot but it's probably nothing. Out of nowhere I start to cough.

"That's weird..." I get out of bed but the weird thing is is that my legs feel like jelly. I can barley stand up.

It took me a few seconds until I realized that I can't stand up without help.

But everyone's working on their Aikatsu. Laura said she was gonna do nothing but train, Ako is shooting a movie right now, and Mahiru has a model thing right now.....

Maybe I could call..... Wait no! Not him! He'll just make fun of me! And why did he pop into my mind! But........ He's the only one who might be able to help......... I don't have a choice do I?

I slowly and reluctantly grab my Aikatsu mobile and try to find his contact. When I finally find it I'm hesitant to call him. But....I don't have a choice. I press call and when I hear it ringing I start getting worried.

"Hello?" I freeze when I first heard his voice but then I remember why I called him.

"Su-Subaru?"
"Yeah?"
"C-can you come to my dorm? I-I can't stand without help and all my friends are busy today. And...... I think I might have a fever......"

He stays quiet for awhile. And I soon get worried that he might say no or that he just plain might not reply.

"Um..... S-Sure but I don't know if I can come to the girls dorm."
"All the girls are out doing their Aikatsu, so none of them are really here. Please I really can't get up."

"Okay then I'm on my way." I hang up with him and stay on the ground.

After a few more failed attempts trying to get up I hear the door open. I turn around to see Subaru standing at the door. He's staring at me wide eye.

"Yume!" He quickly runs to me and helps me. But when I stand up I lose my balance. I grab the closest thing which is Subaru's shirt. 

I shut my eyes ready for impact...... But it never came....

When I open my eyes I look up at Subaru.... I'm making eye contact with him.

We're in hugging position. My hands are clutching the back of his shirt. His arms and hands are doing the same except he's holding onto me softly.

I feel my face heat up. I get why, I've never been this close to a boy ever. Then he does something that surprises me.

He puts his hand on the back of my neck. And picks me up bridal style. And sits me on my bed.

Then he puts his forehead on mine. I feel my face heat up again. I can almost feel his breath. He moves his face away from mine.

"You have a fever...why didn't you just go to the nurse?"
"One, because I can't stand without help. And two, the nurse has the day off today."
"Oh.... Right."

"Tell me......why did you call me? I know your friends are all busy but.....why me?" I pause for awhile. Why did I call him?

"I don't know....I guess cause, I talked about some really personal stuff with you last night. I guess in a way I kinda trust you now....? I don't know but...... I just....... Have this feeling that I can trust you."

There's a long pause after that. Suddenly he reaches into his pocket and takes out a few pills.

"Here. Take these. They'll lower your fever."
"Okay."

He holds his hand out to me with the pills. I slowly reach for the pills. I grab the water bottle that I left on my bed last night and take the pills.

"Thank you Subaru-Kun."
"No problem, after all...you mean a lot to me." He looks away and his cheeks kind turn..red?

"I know, cause we're friends now." "Huh? What do you mean?"

"What I mean is that you're actually genuinely a good guy....... It kinda makes me feel a bit guilty how when we first met I never really gave you a chance."

"I didn't even like to talk to you. I couldn't really even stand you. But now you're being really nice to me, and you're caring for me. You took time out of your day off for me...... I'm sorry, really, and truly...... I'm sorry."

I feel some tears start to fall down my cheeks. But then I feel a warm hand on my cheek. I look up to see or feel Subaru wiping my tears off my face. He has a caring look on his face. But I see a bit of sadness in his eyes.

Then out of nowhere he pulls me closer to him and...... Hugs me. He has his wrapped around the back of my head and another around my back and somehow........ I feel safe and secure.

I blink a few times in confusion until I close my eyes smile and wrap my arms around him. I whisper loud enough so he can hear.

"Thank you Subaru for making me feel better."
"No problem."

When he pulls away he looks at me and says,"I think you should rest for today."
"Yeah....I guess you're right."

He climbs off my bed. I rest my head down and close my eyes. But every now and then I would open them to see what Subaru was doing......that and to make sure he was still here.

......He was always here in my room looking after me every time I opened them.

Every time he looked back at me I quickly closed them. Half excepting to hear the door open and close.... but that never happend. Instead he was still here.

I think he knew I wasn't really asleep since he never left....I don't know. All I know is that for some reason I didn't want him to leave until I was asleep. I didn't want him to leave me alone.... Even after I feel asleep.

It wasn't until awhile when I started feeling my eyes get heavy. I became so sleepy. The last thing I saw before I closed my eyes was him. Before I fully closed them I think he saw me looking at him.

I felt like I was about to fall asleep or maybe I was half asleep, when I felt something soft on my head. I then hear somebody say, "Sweet dreams Yume, I love you." But the thing is.......

I don't know if somebody actually said that...or if I was dreaming.....

1054 words yay! I really hope y'all liked today's chapter. I kept my promise and wrote the next chapter on the weekend. The next chapter will be out hopefully next weekend. Anyway if you enjoyed today's chapter please comment and vote. See you guys in the next chapter! Bye!