When You Realise

Yume POV

Ako hasn't really been acting like herself lately, she still comes to class but other then that she doesn't really talk to us anymore...... Actually she doesn't really even talk to anyone now a days, she just locks herself in her dorm.

Today was even different though. When I was walking to class today she wasn't even in her seat. Let alone in the room. I thought she was gonna come later. That she was just late today.............. She never came.

This is all I can think about right now. As I'm laying on my bed it worries me how she's isolating herself.

That's it. I'm gonna go see Ako and I'm gonna ask her what's wrong.

I sit up from my bed and climb down. I walk to Ako's dorm room
I knock on her door. My hand hesitates for a split second. Why? That's the thing, I don't know why. But I shake my head and knock.
"Ako...are you there? I wanna talk to you..."
"N-no I don't wanna talk to anyone right now."
There's a moment of silence until I speak up.
"Ako I know something's wrong. A-and I wanna help you. It's hurts knowing that somethings wrong. I wanna help you, so please.........let me in."
There's another long pause and for a moment I thought she wasn't going to let me in. I was about to walk away until I heard footsteps that were coming from inside the room, and soon the door opens with Ako standing there.

"Come on..."

I slowly walk in, now feeling a bit awkward since I don't know what to do. Her room is so dark. Her curtains are closed and her lights off. She closes the door and points to the bed. Signalling me to sit down. I sit on her bed and she sits next to me.

Her hands are on her lap, and she's looking down.

"Ako..... I know something's wrong. And..... I wanna know what it is...... I wanna know why you're so depressed now a days, why you didn't come to class today, why you hardly even talk to us now."

She stays silent for awhile not answering. I turn to her now making a serious face.
"Ako we're you're friends, we're here for you...if you need to talk to us about something then tell us. And if you don't want to tell all of us, then tell one us. Just.... Tell me what's wrong."

She gives me a look that says, Are you sure? I nod my head.

"Okay then.....I want-....I want....." She pauses for awhile. But then she takes a deep breath and then starts talking.

"For as long as I can remember I've had the biggest crush on a boy named Yuki Subaru. I had such a big crush on him and wanted to meet him so much that I became an idol and enrolled at Four Star Academy. And when I finally got in I thought I had a chance. That it was destiny or something. And then when I saw you and him talking, I thought of you as a threat. I-I...."

Weird when she said about her crush on Subaru my chest kinda started hurting. She looks down at her hands, which are shaking.

"When I first met you Yume, I kinda hated you." My eyes widen at this.

Ako hates me?! Or did she? Does she still hate me!?!
That's all I can think about.... All this time she hated me.....

"Because I saw you as an enemy. A rival...after awhile you started talking to me more. You were so nice to me when I was so mean to you. And then after a while I started thinking of you as a friend. And now...... With everything that's happening......"

She starts clutching her hands. Like as if she's afraid of what to say next.

"Yume..... What I'm saying is that you're my friend... And.... I don't want to see my friend hurting just because of me doing actions without thinking..... I've done it too many times. I-I want you to be happy. So I'm gonna.... I'm gonna start getting over my crush on Subaru-Kun."
I stare at her in disbelief.