Chapter 37-Avatar

Over the next couple of weeks, the Avenger rested outside of the old HQ as Tygan, Shen, and Vahlen wanted to examine the portal found there. So far, no Advent activity has been sighted within the area and the portal has remained inactive. They had set up a containment area around the portal and was about to test its stability by sending ROV-R through with a Codex brain mounted on it.

"Standby," Lily calls out as she motions for ROV-R to enter. A faint image of what was on the other side becomes clear for a second before ROV-R enters. "All systems stable," Lily reads the information on a nearby terminal. "Hang on," the terminal lights up with warnings and she tries to compensate for them. ROV-R is spit back out of the portal heavily damaged and she runs quickly over to the sparking mess. She looks up to the observation room with a head shake.

"We're so close," Bradford mutter under his breath then follows the Commander as he leaves, "Richard and Moira are working around the problem. Hopefully they can figure it out."

"Sir," the comms officer calls out, rushing towards the two, "we're receiving a signal from the Advent Network. It's the Spokesman."

The two look to each other then follow the officer back to the Avenger. "He's taking a huge risk contacting us this way," Bradford points out and the screen switches to the Spokesman.

"Hello Commander," he starts off as usual, "you and your crew are to be commended. Your efforts in rebuilding the resistance network and uncovering the truth about the Avatar project have been admirable."

"Thank you sir," Chailux said with a nod, "it's been a long road."

"It has," the Spokesman agrees, "I only wish I had better news to report." Bradford and Chailux look to each other, worried about what he meant. "Advent have not taken the death of an Elder lightly and in turn have greatly accelerated the final stages of the Avatar Project. A plan is now in place for the rapid processing of all non-essential life to begin inordinately."

"Billions turned into that stuff we found," Chailux said, lowering his head away from the files which appeared on screen, "we have to do something!"

"Very soon, Advent's Speaker will announce a breakthrough in gene therapy," the Spokesman tells them, "I've sent the schematics of an Advent Network Tower where this message will be broadcast across the globe to the Avenger's systems. I will be there shortly to upload our findings and broadcast it to the world. But I will need assistance. Together will will broadcast the truth, awaken the population from his nightmare." Banging come from the door in the shadows and the Spokeman quickly looks over his shoulder. "It seems it's time to strike," he pulls an Advent Mag Pistol and stands, straightening his tie, "good luck Commander." A visor covers his face and he fires as the door breaks and the feed is cut.

Within minutes, the Avenger connects with the relay station in East Asia and Kris appears on screen. They inform him of the situation. "We heard about the announcement," Kris tells them, "the city will be heavily fortified. Getting in and out will be tricky."

"We think disrupting the Network Tower will affect Advent's link to one another," Chailux told his brother, "the Skyranger should be able to get us out. Not to mention the riots that are sure to happen after the broadcast."

"Even then, how do we get in," Kris asked, skeptical about the plan, "my spies are having trouble as it is now."

"I may have an idea," Bradford said as he eyes another screen. Chailux looks to it to see an Advent New Broadcast playing and smiles.