Chapter 33-Truxican Standoff

"Camila," Chailux said as the woman make her way around to where Ranon was, "you've gown up since the last I saw you."

"A lot has changed over the last 20 years," Camila said as she circles the Commander, "you've already met my Second in Commamd, Vanguard. A lot of people here are actually people you might recognise. People you helped save, former XCOM personnel, so many people who looked to XCOM as their saviour. All of them joined the ranks of Exalt when you vanished."

An Exalt Operative bursts through the door and the two look to them. "We've got hostiles entering from the north and south," they report nearly out of breath, "it's XCOM and Advent."

"Looks like we're about to have a firefight on our hands," Camila said as she grabs a rifle off the wall, "Vanguard. Secure the prisoners while we deal with these intruders."

"Yes Ma'am," Ranon gives a bow and follows the operative out with Chailux. After a while of walking, Ranon knocks the operative of and cuts Chailux loose. "I don't have time to explain," he hands his a pistol while quickly looking around, "head East. DuelMaster and Titanium will be waiting for you. I've got to set Damian and Pauline free."

Before Chailux could question his motives, more Exalt Operatives start to run down the corridor. Ranon pushes the Commander out a window who lands on some old mattresses. He pushes himself up and starts running as the bombing from Advent ships begin.

"Commander," he hears shout from the trees and runs towards them. The one Ranon referred to as DuelMaster waits with several other, "you're going to need these." He hands Chailux some space armour just as a man with salvaged EXO-Armour appears. "What's it like Titanium?"

"The route is secure," he looks around them looking for someone, "where's Vanguard?"

"He stayed back," Chailux said after he finished changing, "now can somebody tell me what the hell is going on?"

"We're running," DuelMaster said as a salvaged gremlin hovers over his shoulder, "Camila has made some bad calls in the past which has lead to many of us dead. We are the few who oppose her reign."

"Over there," an Exalt Operative shouts and they look back to see a group commanded by a man wearing salvaged Muton armour and mask. He pulls a grenade launcher and DuelMaster calls for everyone to run. Explosions pick up the dirt around them as they ran.

They run into a group of XCOM operatives with weapons held up. "Hold your fire," Chailux yells as he pushes to the front, "they're with me. I'll explain later but right now we have enemies on our six."

"The Avenger is just back there," an operative said, gesturing behind them, "we'll provide covering fire until then." Chailux nods and leads them towards the Avenger ramp where Rose was using her psionic powers to keep the enemy back along with a couple of grenadiers.

"Everyone on board," Chailux yells as he helped to defend the ramp and provide covering fire. He goes over to a wall intercom and presses the button. "Bradford it's me. How many teams are out there?"

"Only a few. I've told them to fall back," Bradford replies as he moves across the flight deck, "good to hear from you again Commander."

Rose screams as her eyes begin to burn bright with purple. She collapses to the ground, clutching her eyes. At this point, the remaining XCOM operatives began to return pursued by Advent. Chailux rushes down the ramp to grab Rose quickly and fire back at Advent with his pistol. The ramp started to retract and the engine started up. The Avenger takes flight and speeds off into the blue sky.