Chapter 16-Sky's the Limit

"Keep them away from my ship," Bradford yells out to the men and women fighting at the base of the Avenger. A UFO shot them out of the skies with an EMP and they are now grounded for the time being with multiple hostile forces trying to reach the Avenger. Bradford notices several aliens turning against each other and Rose manipulating them.

"Reinforcements inbound," Lily announces as dropships drop off more along with Damian. Bradford throws down his weapons and takes an Arc Blade and rushes down to meet with Damian. He raises his Shock Lance to defend against Bradford.

"I don't care if you are the son of the Commander," Bradford yells as he slashes at the blocks Damian makes, "you chose your side. You abandoned your mother and sister to work with them."

Damian pushes Bradford back and backs off a little. "You're wrong uncle," he addresses Bradford with a smile, "it is they who abandoned me. ADVENT took me in when I had nowhere else to go!"

Their blades clash and bounce off each other as gun fire surrounds them. They lock blades with Damiam pushing down of Bradford, sparks flying closer to his face. The sounds of roaring engines makes them turn there heads as a fighter jet flies overhead. "You're clear to drop Commander," the pilot calls over his shoulder to a figure on the wing.

Chailux jumps from the wing and rolls to land a little off from where Bradford and Damian were. Bradford take the opportunity to push Damian off and scramble to where the Commander stood. He felt something different about him. The sense of determination radiated off him. "John," Chailux said and lowers an open hand, "the Arc Blade," Bradford hands him the blade, "get back to the Avenger. I'm done running."

Bradford way about to say something then a hand rested on his shoulder. He turns back to see the fighter jet pilot with 'BigSky' tattered and worn on his jacket. "The Commander can handle himself," they run off back to the Avenger just as Damian stands again.

"It doesn't have to be this way," Chailux pleaded as Damian rushes only to miss by Chailux stepping out of the way, "ADVENT is using you. Once they get what they want, they will dispose of you," Damian rushes again only for the same thing to happen again, "you know that what they're doing is wrong," Damian goes in for another but this time Chailux disarms him and sends him to the ground, "son," he looks up to Chailux who had an outstretched hand, "join us."

Damian turns alway, looking at the ADVENT insignia on his armour. "It's too late for me," he said as tears form in his eyes, "just go." Chailux tries to go comfort him but decided not to and runs off to the Avenger. Damian stands to see the Avenger lift off and a Viper slithers up to him. "There will be other moments," Damian said and a dropships lands nearby.

"The Administration grows restless," the Viper hisses as they enter the dropship, "they are tired of your failures and demand results." The dropship closes and it flies off in the opposite direction.