Chapter 27-Forge

Bradford retrieves his axe from the corpse of a Berserker and joins the others at the entrance of the Forge Facility. "Should we use the door or the hole we just made," Bradford asked and the team heads for the hole, "all so serious."

Chailux paces across the command centre, watching the video feeds from the team. The screens show the perspectives of Bradford, Vahlen, Hellskorn, Kendricks, a specialist, and a grenadier. "Keep your eyes sharp people," Chailux said, cradling his broken arm, "you made a lot of noise on the way in."

"Good," Vahlen said as he knocks over a couple of beakers, "wouldn't be fun otherwise." They enter an adjacent room to find Advent troopers without their helmets in small alcoves. A window into another room shows Chailux clones being prepare for their status as Captains.

"Picking up something beyond this room," the specialist said and the team storms in. Bradford motions for the specialist to open the pod in the centre.

The pod opens and a stasis suit falls out. "Careful," Bradford calls out and the grenadier rushes over to help him lower the suit, "Commander?"

"I know John," Chailux said, looking at the video feed of what lay on the ground. Several alarms start going off and he looks to another screen. "You've got incoming. Firebrand, circle around for pick up."

The Skyranger lands back in the Avenger and staff quickly move the suit down to the lab. "It's definitely similar to the one you were in, Commander," Vahlen points out as she closely examines it, "one of the most obvious difference is the colour," her hand glides over and they hear a hiss.

The facial mask pops up and Vahlen slowly goes to remove it. "Dear god," Bradford exclaims as Vahlen starts to do a couple of scans, "what is that?"

"A template of sort," Vahlen concludes as she finishes her scans, "incomplete. Is this what they want with our genetic material?"

"Commander," Lily calls through his earpiece and he activates a screen for the rest to listen on, "Tygan and I just finished our work with the Codex. You might what to come up here."

Chailux makes his way to the Shadow Chamber to find glass shard all across the floor along with Rose looking over Tygan's shoulder. "What happened," Chailux asked, examining the damage.

"The Codex had some ill effects on our systems," Lily said as she bring a monitor back online, "nothing too serious Commander."

"It tries to overload the reactor," Rose points out making the Commander chuckle a little, "but we managed to get a lot of data out of it. Before it exploded of course."

"It will take me time to decode this," Tygan said as he begins to sift through the data, "I suggest you rest Commander. We've got everything under control."