Chapter 11-Dreams

It is the middle of the night and Bradford walked the halls of the Avenger with his head hanging low. He passes the Commander's quarters to see the door open and Chailux sitting in front of the monitor, still looking over files they retrieved from the Codex.

"Get some rest," Bradford suggested and Chailux slowly spun towards him, "can't fight ADVENT if you can't stay awake." Chailux just turns back to the monitor and Bradford sighs, "you still think she's in there?"

"Just leave me be," Chailux said and Bradford closes the door as he leaves. Chailux continues to look through files with anything related to Rose. His eyes start to feel heavy and he collapses on the table.

His eyes slowly open to see a man staring back with an explosive device in hand. "Something tells me it's just a matter of time before you stick me back in the bottle, well I've got a better idea," the man started walking to an Elirium chamber, "well I know you bastards can survive in this goop so I'll make you a deal," he turn back around to him, "get out of my head. Now," he starts to set the explosive, "or I'll blow us all to kingdom come," he starts the timer on the explosive, "I'd rather kill us all than be your puppet one second longer," the explosive is set and be turns back, "let's see if you feel the same way." He activates the timer, "let's find out."

Chailux is pulled from that moment to a where he is in space and a figure enters a black doorway. Around him, aliens lower their firearms and he turns back to the figure. "It is done," they say and Chailux feels as if he is being ripped away from them and he watches time pass by.

Alien structure being either destroyed or covered up. Aliens being executed on the spot along with civilian crying black tears. Time moves faster and faster until it stops and he hears the crying of a baby. A light shined on a crib in the darkness and he slowly approaches it.

A baby boy lay inside and he recognised him as himself. As Chailux moves his hand closer, he notices his hands are blue and transparent. He scans over his body to see it wasn't his own. The baby him starts to cry again and he curls a fist. He cautiously goes to touch his forehead and the darkness begins to light.

(Play Music Here)

"Welcome to HQ Commander," Chailux turns to see he is in the old XCOM base with Bradford standing in front of the holo-globe. All at once, the events that took place flashes pass.

The scene quickly changes to an assault on a crashed UFO. Plasma fire rains down on his position and he takes cover, loading his assault rifle. He watches as his squad mates fall dead around him and a young woman grabs him by the shoulder . "Let's move Commamder," she yells and they start retreating to the Skyranger.

More missions pass by until the assault on XCOM HQ. He watches as a Thin Man picks his unconscious body and walk out of the base to an awaiting Abductor. He watches as they scan his body, fiddle with his mind, and probe it. An Elder loomed over him then to the Thin Man, "this one is special. Preserve him." They stuff him into the stasis suit, then into the chamber where everything goes black.

"Chailux," he spins around in the darkness as the voice echoes, "Chailux," he starts running towards the source of the voice but it seemed to come from every direction, "save me."

"Where are you," he mutters and continues to run around. Large statues of Ethereal appear around him and he gripped his head as the voices got more frequent and louder.

He wakes up to find himself in bed and looks around to see Bradford in the chair next to him. "That was some dream you were having," he commented as he stood, "the local resistance group said they found what we're looking for. Exalt and I will be waiting for you."

Once Bradford leaves, Chailux pushes himself to the edge of the bed and look down at his hands. An overlay of the blue, transparent version fade over for a second. "Was it a dream," he asked himself before looking over to Nexus's rifle.

Yeah so... How many of you have ever played or seen The Bureau: XCOM Declassified?

Not the best game but the story is tolerable in my opinion. I really like the theory about Asaru (the Ethereal controlling William Carter) assumes control of the Commander in Enemy Unknown.

I'm not sure if this is canon or not but it was a cool idea in my opinion and definitely opens up a larger plot for me.