Chapter 5-Reunion

The Avenger touches down in the East Asia region and the team assembles in the Skyranger. "We've been in touch with the local resistance group here for some time," Bradford reports for the sound of the engines, "their leader has proven to be a valued ally."

The Skyranger touches down and the door opens. People gather to see the team exit and some whisper about the Commander. "Bradford," a voice echoes through the air, "so nice of you to drop by." A man with cloth wrapped around his head pushes through the crowd, "what brings you to..." he cuts off once seeing Chailux, "what is he doing here?"

Chailux looks to the clothed man and walks up to him, towering over him. "I am the Commander of XCOM," he spits out but the man was not at all fazed, "do you have a problem with me?"

"You mean other than running out on all of us," the man responds, gesturing to the crowd behind him, "you don't even understand what we had to go through."

"I came to save my mother," Chailux yells and the man steps back a little in shock, "we only came looking for assistance."

"You... You're going after mum," the man started to remove the cloth, revealing someone Chailux recognised. His younger brother, Kris. "ADVENT have her locked up in the city. My sources say they will be moving her to a new location tomorrow."

"Then that's when we strike," Bradford interrupts then look to Nexus and Kendrick, "head back to the Avenger and load up some supplies. The Commander and I will stay here."

Nexus and Kendrick nod before boarding the Skyranger and heading back to the Avenger. Kris take them both to his tent, just off from the main resistance base. "I've been working on freeing mum for months now with very little success," they huddle around a table with a load of file scattered around, "she is constantly being guarded by at least two MEC's and multiple ADVENT troopers. We still don't know why they want her."

"Which makes it even more crucial that we succeed," Bradford said as he starts to leave the tent, "my gut says she is somehow connected to the Avatar project."

Once Bradford leaves, the brothers just stand there in silence, awkwardly looking up at each other. They say each other's name at the same time then go back and forth about who was going to speak.

It ended up being Kris who spoke first. "Sorry for earlier," he sighs and turns away for a second, "it's just... 20 years? Where were you?"

"To be honest," Chailux said as he leans against the table, "I don't have the faintest idea." Silence fell over them again until Chailux clears his throat, "how's Rose? Is she..."

"Around," Kris finishes then shakes his head as he leans against a supporting pole, "haven't seen her since the fall. She was among the few that made it out." He notices his brother in a distort state and goes over to him, "hey. If she's out there, I know you'll find her."