Chapter 25-Royal Pain

"Remind me to thank your brother next time we visit," Bradford said as he lifts a crate. Kris's resistance group managed to ambush an Advent convoy however asked for XCOM to help out with the repairs to the vehicles for later use. In return, XCOM got first pick at the supplies.

Chailux passes a truck then looks around. "Anybody seen Kendricks lately," he calls out but nobody could give him an answer. He just shrugs it off and continues walks only stopping when he nears crunching under his feet. He kneels to find ice then looks up at the sound of a hiss.

Bradford turns to Vahlen to see her drop a crate of Elerium Cores. He himself turns to where she was facing to see the Viper King with Chailux in his grasp. "Gamma," Vahlen said and the giant snake hisses, "finally decided to slither out of that hole of yours."

"Mother," the Viper King said and Bradford looks at her oddly, "why did you abandon your children?"

"You're no child of mine," Vahlen quietly mutters then draws a pistol from behind her back, firing at the Viper King as he dodges. He spits at her and the pistol freezes in her hand.

Bradford draws his gun but the Viper King waves a finger. "I wouldn't do that," he squeezes the Commander, snapping a bone or two, "not if you value the life of your Commander." He gestures for him to lower the weapon and he does.

The Viper King let's out a hiss filled laugh before something hits him in the back, resulting in Chailux's release. The Viper Prince stood by the trees, pulling back the bolt on his rifle. The Viper King hisses and rushes him. The Prince grapples away at the last second, firing a pistol as he does.

Chailux gasps for air as Bradford and Vahlen help him to his feet. The Prince and King have their own little battle as the three retreat towards the Avenger. "Shen. Get those Defence Systems online," Bradford calls as they make their way up the hanger doors. Modified Advent turrets appear near the base and take aim. "All personnel engage Gamma."

Resistance fighters run down the to help the Prince against the King. Grenadiers lob their grenades to distract him while Rangers get closer. The King hisses again and opens a rift. He tries to go for it by is unable to move. Rose held her arms out towards him. A battlecry above move him look up to see the Prince come down, slicing his head clean off. They stand down as the Prince whispers a small pray.

He stands and turns to them, slowly making his way to them with the body of the King. "I want to speak to the Commander," he tells Rose and pulls down the tactical mask around his face, "tell him to return my rifle."

Yeah so killing off Nexus Hellskorn earlier was a terrible idea... I brought him back as the Viper Prince because in my Alien Hunter play through it sort of happened that way. Also Hellskorn is just too cool to have dead.